[Archive] Grey Knights up for preorder

starscream:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...ameStyle=wh40k

Look ok, PA and TA are just as you expect plastic versions of the current metals (tho the PA are a bit pricy).

The Dreadknight is odd, I kinda like it but also think its odd to have someone in terminator armour wearing more armour (yet still leaving himself exposed).

Perhaps useful for those of us looking for Kollosus parts?

Bassman:

They are nice but the dreadknight is ridicolous. If I was an enemy sniper I’d just shoot at the head of that idiot and stop that uber walking machine of doom. Not to say that the poor guy seems to be suspended. :slight_smile:

It could be used as a kolossus but I’d buy this instead :wink: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8908

P.S. the terminators are fine but the guy with the bended sword… it’s silly! :smiley:

Perturabo:

Hmm, somebody’s watched Avatar a few too many times. Not that I dislike them, of course. What’s not to like about big stompy walker suits?

I’m liking the Grey Knights themselves too. Well, bits of them. The Terminator heads would look great on Iron Warrior Terminators. And it wouldn’t take much to turn the halberds into huge hammers either.

Edit: As well as being a bit Avatary, the Dreadknight looks rather like the vague Asteroth concept I have in the back of my mind.

warh:

lego exo force anyone?

x.x

nitroglysarine:

Ok, by any chance have the GW staff been watching Iron Man?
Dread Knight so looks so like Obadia Stane’s Iron Monger suit from IronMan1.

snowblizz:

P.S. the terminators are fine but the guy with the bended sword..... it's silly! :D

Bassman
He holds 2 swords... you just need to look at the other pictures. I saw that first and was all WTH? Then I realised it's a pair of power swords.

And the Dreadknight is just :facepalm:

Thommy H:

I like how people have managed to name three completely different things that the Dreadknight is ripping off. That means it’s not ripping them off, guys - it’s obviously a more fundamental concept!

Bassman:

P.S. the terminators are fine but the guy with the bended sword..... it's silly! :D

Bassman
He holds 2 swords... you just need to look at the other pictures. I saw that first and was all WTH? Then I realised it's a pair of power swords.

And the Dreadknight is just :facepalm:

snowblizz
Holy Hashut, you're right :D

Ok termies are ok.

I do not think the problem with dreadknight is rippin' off something else: it just s@#ks! ;)

nitroglysarine:

I like how people have managed to name three completely different things that the Dreadknight is ripping off. That means it's not ripping them off, guys - it's obviously a more fundamental concept!

Thommy H
Quite true, I think its the shoulder metal supports/nematic bitz that made me think of the Iron Monger.

Its not my cup of tea, but It might well work to be converted into a Kollusus.

Thommy H:

I didn’t really get it, actually, but now I read the fluff that explains why it exists (because sometimes Daemons are kinda big…) I like it a lot more. 40K normally ignores issues of scale like that (and Leman Russ can therefore somehow kill a Titan) so I think it’s quite a good justification. Apparently being a knight with a sword is the only way to kill these things, but they’re big, so you gotta get a really big knight with a sword to keep up.

nitroglysarine:

That is actually a cool justification, and fits the army perfectly.

I’m out of the ‘that’s stupid’ camp and into the ‘hmmmm’ camp.

snowblizz:

Weird, they didn’t need giant Japanimation rip offs to kill Angron on Armageddon… I guess inflation got to Deamons as well.

For some the fact that a “small guy” could kill the big beasts was actually cooler than doing the same with bad ass suit.

That’s why Aenarion the Defender was such a kick ass hero. Though having a super sword probably helped him a fair bit.

Thommy H:

Weird, they didn't need giant Japanimation rip offs to kill Angron on Armageddon
How do you know they didn't? It's a setting not a story: Grey Knights didn't just suddenly get Dreadknights at the end of the 41st Millennium.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thommy H: Very true. Especially since mech suits have been about for so long. People are mentioning things like Avatar and Lego - what about the Alien film (I think it’s the second one, but not sure) or The Matrix 3 etc? It’s a concept used, rather than an idea stolen :stuck_out_tongue:

To everyone (this includes other people, not just anyone mentioning it in the thread) mentioning the “bendy sword”, it took me reading that it’s two swords and looking at the picture again to figure out how people saw it as a “bendy sword”, lol. I could see it was two swords the whole time. However, the “bent sword” was an actual weapon. It may be a Wiki page, but it’s just the easiest place to show information on the Sica.

tjub:

Oh, that walker thing is really sweet! :slight_smile:

nitroglysarine:

I wonder where the first occurrence of the ‘mech suit’ is.

Dr who cybermen?? (maybe they are more cyborgs)

Ironman comics can’t be the first.(bit of research that says first comic was 1963)

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Hm! The new plastic power armour marines are really nice; I may have to add one or two of these squads to my army. Then again, the plastic termies are a letdown, I’ll just stick to my as-of-yet unpainted metal GK terminators. The new lord is a nifty model, a worthy hero.

Oh and I like the Dreadknight! Deal with it. :slight_smile:

Father Grumpmas:

The Dread Knight is poos :sick

GRNDL:

IMHO, it seems like most of the new GW models look like total shite. Uninspired ideas, bad sculpting and even worse paint jobs to sell them. Not impressed with these things and the Knight thing, especially not. Glad I’m not planning on playing them.

Thorne:

IMHO, it seems like most of the new GW models look like total shite. Uninspired ideas, bad sculpting and even worse paint jobs to sell them. Not impressed with these things and the Knight thing, especially not. Glad I'm not planning on playing them.

GRNDL
Well honnestly the dread sucks, I admit I like the new terminators I like the idea of the dread but the execution is a epic fail. GRNDL I think you summed up what we were all thinking in a nutshell ''total shite''