[Archive] Guess who was at my store today

Doogle:

The Emperor,(CEO), of GW was at my store today.

Guess who I pimped my chaos dwarfs out to.

Not to mention a lot of the higher ups from the United States and Britian.

I got the worshippers of Hashut a little action this day guys.

Sojourn:

that sounds very star-studded. :wink: I hope it all went well.

Doogle:

It wasn’t much. He meandered over to where I was working on movement trays and I had my squad of dwarves sitting out.

He asked what I was playing, showed off my pretty much sculpted squad, and talked about them for a bit. I am just glad I got the opportunity :cheers

Deebo:

Thats awesome! I hope more stuff like this happens… to walk into a store and see people fussing over chaos dwarfs… GW has to start rubbing there hands together sooner or later.

Sojourn:

are you kidding? GW seems to me to have been rubbing their hands together forever. prices are exorbitant and any inkling of an opportunity would be pounced upon… so I have no idea why they even stopped CD production. like, seriously.

Obsidian:

So you had Kirby in huh? Nice guy from what I could tell. Wondering if I know the rest of them… :wink:

AGPO:

are you kidding? GW seems to me to have been rubbing their hands together forever. prices are exorbitant and any inkling of an opportunity would be pounced upon... so I have no idea why they even stopped CD production. like, seriously.

Sojourn
Because they weren't selling very well at the time and they wanted to make room on the shelves for their ever expanding range.

Willmark:

so I have no idea why they even stopped CD production. like, seriously.

Sojourn
Many theories but anyone who REALLY analyzes it can really one come to one conclusion.... big hats. The army list was/is a fine list. the comical nature of the hats doomed sales and thus the army.

This has been endlessly debated here and on other sites and should recommence in 3,2,1...

Obsidian:

Ah, shall I?!:stuck_out_tongue:

It was because after a period of doing more kiddie oriënted stuff they switched back to the earlier days look and feel of WFB.

Atleast, that’s what my mate in the studio (long gone now) told me.

minty:

because they could sell CD’s for £15 a box oir have us buy

A) a box of dwarves

B) a box of maurauders

and optionaly

C) green stuff

D) a box of chaos warriors

which one brings in more cash

Repone:

because they could sell CD's for £15 a box oir have us buy

A) a box of dwarves
a box of maurauders
and optionaly
C) green stuff

and what about
E) BFSP box?

C'mon... you can make a full plastic CD army, or buy it on Ebay, so I dont think your analyse worth any cent.

furrie:

if GW is smart, they make us an armybook, in that book they will put the rules and make some guides on how to create CD. They should use figures that hardly sell, so that those firuges would be sold more. So we happy, because we have an armybook and they are because they sell more stuff.

AGPO:

because they could sell CD's for £15 a box oir have us buy

A) a box of dwarves
B) a box of maurauders
and optionaly
C) green stuff

minty
And then they made the list unofficial and forbade us to use it in tournaments in a cunningly subtle and indeed totally opaque sales tactic. Brilliant! How do they do it?

Kera foehunter:

thats great Doogle talking chaos dwarf to them .(slave)

Willmark:

C'mon... you can make a full plastic CD army, or buy it on Ebay, so I dont think your analyse worth any cent.

Repone
Which is what exactly GW doesn't want, to be able to create a massive army from the starter set when they can have you buy 10 $35.00 plastic sets minimum... even better would be buying multiple sets across varying lines at least from a sales standpoint it would be... But what do we know eh? ;)

Bottom line and back OT, good job for talking them up, it can't hurt.

Deebo:

Willmark your comment about the hats does sound pretty close to the mark… alot of friends I know either love the hats or HATE them with a passion!

They seem to have some magical property to love or despise!

Evan a GW sale rep that I was hassling (by the way it did no good :mad although he said that some guy had somehow commited GW to doing them eventually) tonight about the chaos dwarfs said that he loved the idea of chaos dwarfs but hated the hates!

I personally love the hats but I would not mind if the were axed if it meant we got a new line.

Furrie… I think hell will freeze over before they release a chaos dwarf army book without models as I have tried that angle with GW staff and the answer was that they make no money on books and the models are where the good profits are at.

Willmark:

Willmark your comment about the hats does sound pretty close to the mark.. alot of friends I know either love the hats or HATE them with a passion!
They seem to have some magical property to love or despise!
Evan a GW sale rep that I was hassling (by the way it did no good :mad although he said that some guy had somehow commited GW to doing them eventually) tonight about the chaos dwarfs said that he loved the idea of chaos dwarfs but hated the hates!
I personally love the hats but I would not mind if the were axed if it meant we got a new line.

Furrie.. I think hell will freeze over before they release a chaos dwarf army book without models as I have tried that angle with GW staff and the answer was that they make no money on books and the models are where the good profits are at.

Deebo
I have no problems with people liking hats despite my personal dislike of them. I lived through the 4th edition hat era and they were never that common of a sight in gaming locales. Now obviously more rare.

Something had to kill them, it sure wasn't the list that was fault. Sow what does it point to it, the hats.

YMMV

Vexxus:

But Doogle, did u plug the website?

So much talent here I am sure 5 minutes in the image gallery would have him sold!

Doogle:

Totally didn’t think about it.

I pimp it out to everyone at my store though, plus the people who are higher up in my region. I try to atleast.

If the emperor ever returns then I will. I think he is still in this area, so I probably can try when he comes around again.

Narflung:

Do you think the CEO games?