[Archive] GW actually doing something right?

Willmark:

Well back in the day WD was actually pretty good, but as noted when it became less and less of a hobby mag it started the death spiral.

The Brain:

It woudl be nice if they could some how bring back that old attitude that the mag used to have. I remember waiting each month to see what wild things were in the WD. Now it is sad. Like all things with GW there are ups and downs. By the position of the stars and the receding hair line of Gave Thorp maybe we are due for some ups.

Kera foehunter:

Bring back eavy metal !!!the best thing in wd

Crube:

To be honest, the new Eavy metal masterclasses are great - actually something that is genuinly useful in the mag. I do agree though that if they brought back the Eavy metal pages (and not just the new releases) it’d be ace

Kera foehunter:

Well it put the hobby back to the people !! but since Gw don’t have much on a inventory

for bits this would probably kill this idea

Border Reiver:

I agree that the 'eavy metal pages are the best thing in the mag, and the painting tips almost make it worth it to pick up every once in a while. I miss the “Tale of 4 Gamers” that they did for a while, some of the more hobby related articles.

That and I prefer the narrative batreps they used to do.

Kera foehunter:

Back to topic !!! they are subcontracting there figures out !!

maybe this will lower there prices

cornixt:

It doesn’t look like they are going to put much in the way of back issues of WD on the site, just a few recent 1-4page articles.

Kera foehunter:

Well i did not think that the wd would have more than 2 pages of stuff that i liked!!

its mostly 40 k and lord of the ring

The Brain:

Well i did not think that the wd would have more than 2 pages of stuff that i liked!!
its mostly 40 k and lord of the ring

Kera foehunter
Part of the reason for all the LOTR stuff is becuase the game does not sell very well and they spent alot of money of licensing rights. They have to keep pushing it at out expence, ie the loss of cool articles for the "hay here whats new for LOTR" crap.

Kera foehunter:

Well at my store they sold it all off !! no one plays it lotr like doesn’t sell

40 k there probly a little at the store .Its only get big when there a big campaign

gw does