[Archive] GW may allow Chaos Dwarfs at Tournament

Visitor Q:

I attended the UK GW Doubles Tournament Weekend on the 12/13th May.  I went with a Brettonian/High Elf army.  A lot of fun.

Anyway two interesting things were noted, first at the end every team was given a feedback form to fill in.  On the back was a note asking players whether they wanted Forge World Warhammer Armies models to be allowed at GW tournaments.  They specifically mentioned Tamurkhan.  For practical purposes this is aimed at Chaos Dwarf players.  I of course ticked yes and noted in the comments section that a) Chaos Dwarfs are an important part of the background and b) the Tamurkhan book itself says the Chaos Dwarf army is 'official’

Second thing was just that a Chaos Dwarf Limited edition sorcerer model was on sale.  I think Forge World really want to push Chaos Dwarfs (would probably help their sale figures immensly to get a viable tournament list in production).

furrie:

I attended the UK GW Doubles Tournament Weekend on the 12/13th May.  I went with a Brettonian/High Elf army.  A lot of fun.

Anyway two interesting things were noted, first at the end every team was given a feedback form to fill in.  On the back was a note asking players whether they wanted Forge World Warhammer Armies models to be allowed at GW tournaments.  They specifically mentioned Tamurkhan.  For practical purposes this is aimed at Chaos Dwarf players.  I of course ticked yes and noted in the comments section that a) Chaos Dwarfs are an important part of the background and b) the Tamurkhan book itself says the Chaos Dwarf army is 'official'

Second thing was just that a Chaos Dwarf Limited edition sorcerer model was on sale.  I think Forge World really want to push Chaos Dwarfs (would probably help their sale figures immensly to get a viable tournament list in production).

Visitor Q
Is the limited edition the same as the hellsmith or is it a different model ? and if it is a different model, can you show a picture of it?

Visitor Q:

Anyway two interesting things were noted, first at the end every team was given a feedback form to fill in.  On the back was a note asking players whether they wanted Forge World Warhammer Armies models to be allowed at GW tournaments.  They specifically mentioned Tamurkhan.  For practical purposes this is aimed at Chaos Dwarf players.  I of course ticked yes and noted in the comments section that a) Chaos Dwarfs are an important part of the background and b) the Tamurkhan book itself says the Chaos Dwarf army is 'official'

Visitor Q
Is the limited edition the same as the hellsmith or is it a different model ? and if it is a different model, can you show a picture of it?

furrie
I think it was the hellsmith model.  Unfortunately I didn't look at it for too long but I am pretty sure it was a model I have seen before.

Satan:

Awesome!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Karring:

Fantastic new… hope it will be!

Willmark:

I should think so with all the free advertising we’ve given them over the years…

Hashut’s Blessing:

I was there as well! Been wanting to post this news myself. More specifically than just using Tamukrhan, it actually asked “Would you be interested in allowing Warhammer Forge armies to be used (E.G. Chaos Dwarfs in Tamurkhan)?” I also ticked yes saying we have bought the models and book, spending more money than on a conventional Armies Book army and it states it is official.

I didn’t see anything about the a limited edition model whilst I was there :frowning:

Visitor Q:

I was there as well! Been wanting to post this news myself. More specifically than just using Tamukrhan, it actually asked "Would you be interested in allowing Warhammer Forge armies to be used (E.G. Chaos Dwarfs in Tamurkhan)?" I also ticked yes saying we have bought the models and book, spending more money than on a conventional Armies Book army and it states it is official.

I didn't see anything about the a limited edition model whilst I was there :(

Hashut's Blessing
Slightly off topic, which team were you? I went as one half of Terminal Violence with a chance of rain at the weekend (Brettonian High Elf).

Hashut’s Blessing:

We had noticed the lengthy name, lol. Morr’s Untaken - double vampire counts (my half being the undead dwarfs).

Visitor Q:

We had noticed the lengthy name, lol. Morr's Untaken - double vampire counts (my half being the undead dwarfs).

Hashut's Blessing
Our team name became a bit of a joke at our gaming club. We kept changing it and disagreeing what we should be called, we decided that our full team name should be

"Terminal violence with a chance of rain at the weekend, (formerly Justifiable Arrogance) Subtitle: Wooley Bullies. Subtitle: Where are the Chaos Dwarfs? Subtitle: The Death of Rick Priestly".

We were fairly close to submitting that name......

Hashut’s Blessing:

Hahaha, that would’ve been excellent! As it happens, we weren’t made aware of needing a team name, so they gave us Stunty von Carstein until I came up with the end one 2 minutes later over a pint of Troll Brew, lol.