[Archive] GW Website Articles are gone

Abecedar:

What has happened to all the 'Eavy Metal and other painting articles that used to be on the website? I can’t find them now

blackwolf.scortch:

They’ve been gone for a while now. I think they went about the same time they started releasing iPad only digital articles. Hashut knows why, as not everybody wants/owns something other than an iRon.

Abecedar:

That would be right, get rid of the freely available stuff that everybody with internet can access and make those people with Ipoood’s (and I ain’t one of them) pay for it.

Just curious… about your signature quote,
…does that mean your gunna leave Adelaide or that Adelaide (the most boring city in Oz) is where you wanna be?

G.2:

I’m sure the name change of the new paints has something to do with the old articles being “obsolete”, and thus removed.

blackwolf.scortch:

Just curious...  about your signature quote,
....does that mean your gunna leave Adelaide or that Adelaide (the most boring city in Oz) is where you wanna be?

Abecedar
Quote from Wizards, where my avatar comes from. Live outside Adelaide currently due to family reasons, but from Queensland originally. And i've recently stopped calling it Sadelaide, honest. :)

Time of Madness:

The articles were removed very shortly after the launch of the new paint range. If you want a bunch of painting articles in one book I highly suggest buying the 'eavy metal masterclass painting book. You can usually find it on ebay for around $20.00.

If you don’t want to spend the $20.00, you will just have to wait till they start putting up more painting articles using the new paint range (haven’t seen any yet).

Time of Madness

Kera foehunter:

I'm sure the name change of the new paints has something to do with the old articles being "obsolete", and thus removed.

G.2
That crazy talk G.2 We all know that the color are the same
we just have to break the code..and there new paint jar suck
:hat off

Time of Madness:

Don’t tell me the new paint jars suck! I just ordered the ultimate paint set!

Time of Madness

Kera foehunter:

its not the jars sweetie… its the lids that after a few time you use them any paint get in the outer lid they don’t seal proper  and the paint dry out

so it the lids that suck

Time of Madness:

That’s too bad, I’ll have to make sure I keep the lids nice and clean. Thanks for the heads up.

Time of Madness

gIL^:

I havn’t bought GW paint in a long long time, Maybe the odd ink once in a while.

Coat d arms is the only paint for me :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

GIL^ LINK please and let us decide too . Must see the color range to decide that

snowblizz:

I'm sure the name change of the new paints has something to do with the old articles being "obsolete", and thus removed.

G.2
That crazy talk  G.2 We all know that the color are the same
we just have to break the code..

Kera foehunter
If only! This new GW paint is hideously gloopy and the metals went from best in the business to, OMG why did I buy this lump in coloured water.

I've got a pot of Screaming bell where all the metal pigments keep gucking up at the bottom and the rest is just red coloured water. Shaking does nothing, only hard stirring with sculpting tool to try and break up the lumps.

I'm more and more disappointed in the GW paints, they ALL have separation issues and I'm tired of being their therapist!

Admiral:

I miss the free website content as well as the now long since gone bitz service. Ah, well.

So far I liked the recent paint range better, since the new washes which I have tried out have been needlessly thin whilst the older washes had a sufficient thickness (as opposed to the thick glare of the old inks). As such I often have to apply more wash paint in one go or apply two or more layers to achieve the wanted look on the miniature. The new foundation paints have been up to standard with one mindboggling exception: Eldar flesh. This new, yellowish flesh colour have the same lumping and separation issues as did a few of the old paints which were around during 6th edition WHFB, and those only became clumped after some unstirred months. Eldar flesh on the other hand was lumpy when we ordered it.

I also miss Calthan Brown, which was light enough to ease the spotting of details when mass painting rabble troops such as Skaven. Without a brown of the same tone I’ve in fact mixed two jars of dark brown out of Vallejo and GW paints as a surrogate means to the old Scorched Brown, which will prove more useful with the weaker washes.