[Archive] GW Xmas presents from misguided relatives

Hammerhand:

I know you all got some, post it here!

A misguided relative got me a Tau Battle force to help finish my Eldar army. This is made worse by the fact that the msguided relative was my wife and only had to look at the codex book that was on my bedside table.

I have a friend who’s mum got him a forgeworld super heavy tank for his empire army!

cornixt:

I once got a load of random 40K stuff (some IG and some Eldar) when I only played fantasy. They said that was what the shop recommended! I asked only for GW vouchers in the end

torn:

lol super heavy empire baneblade :stuck_out_tongue:

my brother got me an earthshaker for xmas :stuck_out_tongue:

minty:

I got, in one christmas, along with a nice £700 cash in total

6 boxes of sisters of battle, 4 dwarf cannons and a baneblade

well, they all found a use, but now I have lots of cool 40K stuff to paint:mad

caos dwrf:

dude i asked for gw stuff and my aunt got me hero skape

bwahaha… ha

ow well i returned it and when my aunt came over i showed her my 2500 point chaos army.

(i was lie-in through my teeth for two months to her explainin how good it is)

ashur:

Once my father find me a TK battalion for my dwarfs. The first thing he said befor giving them to me was “I should have asked first”.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Hehe, I never got anything GW-related as a present, and I am quite glad about it.

metro_gnome:

my wife gave me a troll once… but before she did she painted it bright pink…

clam:

I have a friend who's mum got him a forgeworld super heavy tank for his empire army!

Hammerhand
WOW! A "Hammer of Sigmar" steam tank :hat

I wished for some 3ed second hand CD miniatures - and my wife handed me a dowloaded Ravening Hordes army list - and was very pleased with herself.
Reason: She was told at the local miniature shop, that you couldn't by CDs any longer, but they could be downloaded for free at the GW Website!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think we have straighten that out now :)

Ishkur Cinderhat:

my wife gave me a troll once... but before she did she painted it bright pink...

metro_gnome
My girlfriend is bugging me for years now to paint her a pink ogre bull. What is it with girls and pink? :)

Pyro Stick:

Hehe, I never got anything GW-related as a present, and I am quite glad about it.

Ishkur Cinderhat
Same here. I told my dad to cancel my WD subscription and i made sure all my family knew i didnt want any warhammer. Only cd's, books and money.
my wife gave me a troll once... but before she did she painted it bright pink...

metro_gnome
My girlfriend is bugging me for years now to paint her a pink ogre bull. What is it with girls and pink? :)

Ishkur Cinderhat
I think, so far, my girlfriend has painted a pink haradrim and a pink tau. And i hav a friend who painted a gay Empire. It had a pink helmet with a flower on it...

Canix:

PMSL my GF paints giants a gharish pink and thinks shes helping he he he.

I even offered to let her paint the Lotr models but nooo! there not good enough though she bought them .she just has to buy me Ebay stuff now as she has a credit card mhua ha ha ha

gIL^:

lol my wife is an art student she picks up my half finished minis from time to time, shes a good painter, better than me.
so i bought some daemonettes and put them where she could find them, and she did them purple and pink, i pretended they were bad but they were fantastic, so now im leaving my slaanesh army around the house.
theres a sprayed keeper of secrets on our coffie table and waiting to be painted.

i use my wife for more than good food :smiley:

Pyro Stick:

lol my wife is an art student she picks up my half finished minis from time to time, shes a good painter, better than me.
so i bought some daemonettes and put them where she could find them, and she did them purple and pink, i pretended they were bad but they were fantastic, so now im leaving my slaanesh army around the house.
theres a sprayed keeper of secrets on our coffie table and waiting to be painted.

gIL^
Got any pics? Of the models i mean.

Kera foehunter:

WOW a pink bull ogre!!! that would go great with my shoes…

just kidding!! i don’t like pink or purple.