[Archive] Has anyone used vinyl for wargaming table top?

Stampy:

Hey friends I was wondering has anyone ever used vinyl for a wargame playing surface? If so how did you like it and where can you get some of this material? Thanks again my friends.

Da Crusha:

we use vinyl gaming mats for bloodbowl. works great for that. models don’t slide around.

RichardC1967:

Hey friends I was wondering has anyone ever used vinyl for a wargame playing surface?  If so how did you like it and where can you get some of this material?  Thanks again my friends.

Stampy
I've used small pieces for terrain, like a  blue piece for a lake for example, you can find it at most fabric stores and perhaps at an auto restoration supply store(like for seat coverings..etc)it may be a bit pricey tho' for a large piece.Units would be easier to move over the slick surface as opposed to felt or cloth perhaps..but I guess you use what ever you have available, or feel comfortable using.Vinyl would also be easier to clean up if a player spills food or drink on it during a game

Lava Lord:

Yes, I have. Sort of liked it too. I had a green with a vine type paint through out. This was when I played Bretonnians. Just when ya store it, don’t fold it. That will leave creases that cause problems, roll it up instead. Look for table covers (tablecloths) at a kitchen supply store. They are multi colored, which adds to the scenic effect. :hat off Just a idea…