[Archive] Hashut and Kronos

Grimstonefire:

Those of you that are old timers like me for CD fluff will remember for a long time there was discussion about Hashut being an imprisoned god below Zharr Naggrund.

I forget exactly where that came from, WHRP perhaps?

Anyhow, as I sat there watching Wrath of the Titans it was strangely familiar…

SPOILER ALERT

For those who don’t mind a spoiler Hades and Ares drains Zeus of his power and it flows like lava into a HUGE sleeping god in tartarus.  Which becomes the single most destructive villain I’ve ever see on film.

Got me thinking of the old fluff and how ludicrous (but awesome) it would be to have a god like that walking the warhammer world.

Bear in mind in the film a human would be about the size of a finger nail.  This shot is very foreshortened.

The Odor:

When I look at that I see one thing. K’Daai Destroyer!

Marduk:

What’s the little guy on the pegasus thinking, charging at the K’Daii Destroyer??

Thommy H:

“Why am I in this unnecessary sequel to an already unnecessary remake?”

The Odor:

I wonder what kind of magical weapon he is tooting… Maybe its a Unkillable Dreadlord…

Grimstonefire:

The hero is Perseus, the weapon is what the Olympians used to beat him the first time (in the film).

The original Clash of the Titans, whilst better than the remake, was just wrong in it’s title.  It should have been called ‘Clash of the Olympians’, something which bugged me that they carried on with in the remake.  This film is a lot better than the first film though I thought.

This film Wrath of the Titans was at least more closely based on the mythology because there is a Titan in it (Kronos).  I would love them to do a prequel, or a stand alone film of the epic battle between the Olympians and the Titans that would be an absolutely amazing film to see and a true Clash of the Titans.

EDIT. A lot more info here on the CGI for anyone interested:

'Wrath of the Titans': Giving Strength to Kronos | Animation World Network

The Odor:

I know who it is. I was going from the thought that Kronos was a K’Daii and pondered who would charge one on a Pegasus alone…

Ancient History:

I forget exactly where that came from, WHRP perhaps?
Alfred Nuñez Jr., who wrote Dwarfs: Stone and Steel for WFRP1, also did what was going to be a background of the Chaos Dwarfs - including Hashut as an imprisoned god or daemon discovered by the eastern Dwarfs during the first Great Incursion - but it was never officially published. Mad Alfred later pbulished his fan-based material on Chaos Dwarfs for WFRP in Warpstone #28 a couple years back (same issue I had my article in on Barak Char).

I think that was all covered in one of the early Earthshaking Canons.

Marduk:

I saw the movie last week. Much better than I expected but I went mainly to get inspiration for the K’daii Destroyer model.

Willmark:

"Why am I in this unnecessary sequel to an already unnecessary remake?"

Thommy H
While Harryhausen was a master in the 30-60's range by 1981 his special effects looked very dated. That's to say nothing of the wooden acting of Harry Hamlin.

Marduk:

I saw the movie last week. Much better than I expected but I went mainly to get inspiration for the K’daii Destroyer model.

Willmark:

"Why am I in this unnecessary sequel to an already unnecessary remake?"

Thommy H
While Harryhausen was a master in the 30-60's range by 1981 his special effects looked very dated. That's to say nothing of the wooden acting of Harry Hamlin.