[Archive] Hashut the Old One!

Alric:

i agree, He is the "Warhammer Satan"

Joshmohr
I like to think Hashut is more like Tolkiens "Sauron". Like Sauron, Hashut is the Dark Lord,  the Father of Darkness, his followers living on a plain of smoke and ash in a land in ruin with volcanoes and rivers of lava, their great furnaces belching out soot and smoke darkening the sky above. The Chaos Dwarf's are Hashuts loyal servants, like Saruman with minds of metal and machines, their orc slaves hew down the forest for wood used to stoke the great furnaces Chaos Dwarfs use to create the machines and weapons of war.

Scion:

Interesting. Apart from their aren’t any forests. I like that perspective. I like both of them. hmmmmmmmmmmm, could be a purpose for civil war in the Dark Lands. Makes quite cool fluff

Alric:

Interesting. Apart from their aren't any forests.

Scion
Thats because they would have cut all the forest down creating a vast plain of ruined land.

What do you mean by civil war ?

Have you read or seen Tolkiens 'Lord of the Rings' ? Saruman serves Sauron.

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Creating the Black Orcs, Grimgor couldn't exist without them.
Selling the Hellcannons to the Chaos tribesmen.
Raiding and trading along the silver road.
Being the reason behind the Ogre Leadbelchers
One of their slave uprisings likely led to the surge of orc activity that created the pact between nations that would eventually become the Empire.
Hmm, just wanted to add that Chaos Dwarfs pushed, in some way, Orcs and Goblins southwards, towards the Dwarven kingdoms ... with the 'Goblin Wars' as a result. It was one of the more serious wars around the downfall of the Golden Age of the Dwarfs.

To me, Hashut is a Chaos God like the other ones, although probably a lesser one as he isn't broadly worshipped. I must admit to like the idea of an evil Old One though.

astragoth:

well, he IS called “the father of darkness” so why not…

Patrikson:

Hes more of a heathen god how i imagine him

Borador:

Creating the Black Orcs, Grimgor couldn't exist without them.
Selling the Hellcannons to the Chaos tribesmen.
Raiding and trading along the silver road.
Being the reason behind the Ogre Leadbelchers
One of their slave uprisings likely led to the surge of orc activity that created the pact between nations that would eventually become the Empire.
Hmm, just wanted to add that Chaos Dwarfs pushed, in some way, Orcs and Goblins southwards, towards the Dwarven kingdoms ... with the 'Goblin Wars' as a result. It was one of the more serious wars around the downfall of the Golden Age of the Dwarfs.

Hrothgar Goldgreed
And the creation of the black orcs almost led to the downfall of the empire ;D

To me hashut is hashut, he is a god on his own, and not like any of the others.

Ronshank:

Why do we feel the need to catagorize Hashut? I like that he can be how ever we see him. And besides utimately it is up to GW and their own fluff to define him how they see fit. Meaning they could totally change his significance, remove him or expand upon him whenever they feel like it and because we our battling in their world their ideas will become the new cannon. In the mean time it’s just fun to come up with explainations and our own ideas on things. And yes thanks to the popularity of the Hellcannon I can see GW coming up with an army list eventually especailly if this site keeps going on as strongly as it does.

Personally I think Hashut is just Hashut God of the Chaos dwarfs, tolerator of Acherons united campaign (which to me signifies that he is not against the chaos gods nor is he above aiding them)