[Archive] 'Hatmets' from eldar heads?

Grimstonefire:

Had an idea a while ago about this.

Basically you take an Eldar Guardian head, trim off the top (leaving enough for a decent hat), then greenstuff to smooth it.

Or put something ontop of the cut (pins/ plasticard etc) to help make it flatter.

The guardian heads could be quite effective in an ‘evil expressionless’ way??

Xander:

Hrm, kind of hard for me to picture. Might have to see a sample. :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

yea im not a 40k girl could you please please give us a idea

gIL^:

yea your going to have to give us an example i cant picture it either

Grimstonefire:

As I don’t have any Eldar heads this might be a problem.  I’ll ask around and see if I can ‘borrow’ one from one of my friends.

minty:

Kera, have yo seen the high/dark elf helmets, esentialy take one of them, make it flat and take away the spikes/decorations and fill in the face with a flat mask with the only features being a pare of eyes that look so creepy

actualy, that could work quite well for a unit of immortal’s faces

Kera foehunter:

okay now its a little better i think. a dwarf with a dark elf helmetwith eyes???

minty:

and no facial eatures, just eyes

Grimstonefire:

Here’s a simple paint version of what I mean.

[attachment=322]

Theory_Man:

Would the Eldar Guardian head be broad/fat enough to be in scale with a dwarf’s head?

Kera foehunter:

Sorry for the troubles Grims. but that’s Super dooper kick ass

hal:

I like the idea, you of all people should be able to execute it Grim.

minty:

yoink, i’m stealing your idea grim, for my immortals (chaos dwarf warriros with great weapons/hammerers depending on what rules I’m using), give them a nice, emotionless identical look, and dosen’t require much sculpting

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Sorry but I don’t think this would look any good. Eldar heads are quite small and frail, nothing like broad thick stunty heads. And the helmet shape doesn’t look like anything a Dwarf would make.

gIL^:

im agreeing with ishkur, it doesnt looks dwarfy at all not 1 bit,

hopfully you can make it look good, but im not sure