[Archive] Have just received my 8th edition rules, has any one else got theirs yet?

furrie:

Just picked up mine.

Willmark:

I’m thinking about waiting until September for the Box but might reconsider. After all I dont need anymore High Elves (14,000 pts) and I dont play Skaven.

Obsidian:

Thinking about it but seeing as I don’t game often anymore and there isn’t a real drive to get it just for the fluff I’ll just wait out till I can get it cheap somewhere.

Thommy H:

It’s on order from Maelstrom. Hoping for Monday, but I guess we’ll see.

Willmark:

I just flipped through it; one of my gaming buddies got it a few days a go and it definitely has a lot of stuff crammed in there that’s for sure.

Nazhur:

Got it yesterday but so far didn´t have so much time to read it. Buts it´s huge and very well done. Can´t wait to read it and learn about everything :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Thing is going to be a best on the table top with its weigh.

Xander:

I got my copy yesterday. It’s a pretty solid book: probably the best one they’ve ever produced. I am really looking forward to playing this edition.

zobo1942:

I just got back from driving to another city to buy one (there is nowhere in town that sells GW stuff) - and they were sold out. So, I went to the other store which sells gaming stuff… and they were closed. So, no book for me. Oh, well.

Maybe it’s a good thing.

tjub:

Bought it this weekend, but havent had much time to read it yet. Its huge and as far as Ive seen Im really pleased with it. Seems to be loads of fun, I like musicians and all the random stuff. Not to say the common magic item least we can use, wohaa… A flying carpet anybody? :smiley:

slev:

Picked mine up on Saturday. I spent ages delving into rules and possibilities and oddball combos allowed by said rules.

Looks awesome, can’t wait to get a game in!

Thommy H:

Got it. Jesus, this is a big book…

Shakhorth:

Got it. Jesus, this is a big book...

Thommy H
Yep it's an ideal flyswatter :)

Kered:

Got it. Jesus, this is a big book...

Thommy H
Yep it's an ideal flyswatter :)

Shakhorth
It would be if I could lift it.

slev:

My Engineers Measuring Set arrived this morning. It’s all kinds of awesome!

Ronshank:

I was one of the sadder ones who was at the store bright an eairly on the saturday to pick up my pre-order (I laughed at the admittedly cool bone dice and said I was going to by some way cooler CD dice). There was a guy at the store at 9am with me who already had 3 packs and bought another!, darn things were lucky for him too. They were sold out of the dice by 10am. I’m in for a chance at winning an army box for turning up in the morning so as I was going to buy it anyway I figure it was worth it to show up. My money is going to be very tight soon (I have to move house) so I figured that apart from my dice this was going to be my last chance to buy stuff so I finally ordered that Hellcannon I’ve been wanting for so long. I just wish that the combat resolution counter thing came with instructions as the pictures are hard for me to work out and don’t seem to be in the order they are in the rule book. But yea! for all my favourite old stuff being back in the book.

slev:

there are instructions!

They’re on the inside of the folder cardboard label.

starscream:

Got mine yesterday after my luvverly gf bought me it for my birthday.

Very nice, very lavish, I was shocked when the price was leaked but y’know? its probably fair for what you get.

You could club a whale to death with it!

Pyro Stick:

Wow the collectors edition is sold out and its already pusing £130 on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WARHAMMER-8TH-EDITION-LIMITED-COLLECTORS-RULEBOOK-/160458099584?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item255c0c4b80

AGPO:

I'm thinking about waiting until September for the Box but might reconsider. After all I dont need anymore High Elves (14,000 pts) and I dont play Skaven.

Willmark
Well then ebay the minis, make a profit and get your rules for free :cheers