[Archive] have you seen this man?

Pyro Stick:

If you could get a couple for the front rank of a unit of big hats it would be pretty cool, kinda like the old HE front rank spears

AGPO
Those were SO cool! Are they even still available?

- Tallhat

Tallhat
Maybe in the classic section of the GW online store

Tallhat:

Ill have a look then.

- Tallhat

angryboy2k:

No, they are not available from anywhere, for any amount of love or money.

They were only released in the US, and were available in the US catalog until 2004 (!) as CDA and CDB. I had one of them (I forget which) and it was very nice.

Since they were released so long after the main range, and were only found in the US, they are quite scarce.

I should note that there are a number of recasts of converted versions of these figures. Someone (god only knows why) put two of the old blunderbussier hats on these models and then cast them up and sold them. I had both of these at one point. For what it’s worth, the castings are of extremely high quality, and the only giveaways to their recast status are a). the hats are IDENTICAL to the blunderbussier hats, and b). the same bizarre lot of 10 (2 of one and 8 of the other one) has appeared on eBay multiple times under multiple usernames using the exact same picture.

Steve

Tallhat:

Aha… You dont have them anymore then? THe CD I mean.

- Tallhat

angryboy2k:

No, I’m afraid I sold them all off last year. I had all of the bighat models except for either CDA or CDB (I forget which it was now), but I got rid of them because I couldn’t think up a suitable color scheme. To be honest, I’m happier with my conversions.

Steve

Tallhat:

Fair enough then :cheers

- Tallhat