[Archive] Hellcannon and Magma cannon conversion

Exxonvaldez:

So after spending a couple hours looking at the Forge World Dreadquake Mortar soaking in soapy water I realized I couldn’t use it.  

I don’t like it’s rules and the model is huge and not in the good way.  Feeling like I had just wasted a hundred bucks I decided I get my money’s worth.  So I built a hellcannon and a magmacannon

These models were created entirely from the Dreadquake and 3 Infernal Guard except for a couple knobs from the original magmacannon.

http://m1187.photobucket.com/albums/Exxonvaldezpics/Snapbucket/

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

We are Legion:

Looks neat, good job on conversions, the pictures are a little small though, hard to see any detail.

Of course, you could still use it as a dreadquake mortar… just don’t buy the steam carriage upgrade (which is what Forgeworld sells)

tjub:

Yeah, looks good for what I can see… But give us bigger photos please! :slight_smile:

rabotak:

now thats a neat conversion idea, and worked out well! i especially like the looks of your magma cannon, it really looks more like a proper flame thrower than a flame-ball thrower. and i agree with we are legion, i guess i’d use your hc as dreadquake too,it seems more fitting.

if only you didn’t have to rape such a beautiful model!

vulcanologist:

Very nice conversions. Bigger pics would be nice though! Interested to know why you didn’t like the model though? The rules I can understand you not caring for but why not just use the dreadquake as a hellcannon/earthshaker anyway?

Exxonvaldez:

I’ll get some better pics. I’m aware the Dreadquake is mounted on a steam carriage. Problem is how big would it’s footprint be without the steam carriage. We aren’t even 100% sure what size bases the BC and Kdaii are on.

I don’t like taking liberties with those kind of rules as I play in a lot of tourneys.

The reason I don’t like the model is because of the steam carriage. It’s huge and A mortar is a very simple artillery piece. The model is too complicated. Cool as it looks it just doesn’t look like a mortar.

Baggronor:

Now you`re tempting me to have a go as well… My wallet is looking worried…

They look really cool, nice job :cheers Did you still have many bits left over after that?

Exxonvaldez:

Now you`re tempting me to have a go as well... My wallet is looking worried...

They look really cool, nice job :cheers Did you still have many bits left over after that?

Baggronor
I had the ogre, 4 wheels, the rest of the carriage platform, some sprockets and the track the cannons travels on. So nothing that I could really use for anything else.

Bassman:

I had the ogre, 4 wheels, the rest of the carriage platform, some sprockets and the track the cannons travels on. So nothing that I could really use for anything else.

Exxonvaldez
What, what? :o

You have an hobgoblin/Infernal guard unit filler and parts of lumbering machine of doom.... just like this ;P

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3392&page=15

Time of Madness:

Nice work, I’d like to see some bigger pictures as well. It would be neat to see them beside the iron daemon for a size comparison.

Time of Madness

Admiral:

Clever chopping-up of the Dreadquake kit. I like the Dreadquake train car, but your conversion seems to have worked out well.

theforgefather:

Nice conversions, but I can’t really see very much of them due to the small pics.

otherwise it is a very nice conversion. i have heard of many forge world conversions gone wrong, but this is actually quite cool. :slight_smile:

Exxonvaldez:

More pics loaded.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.