[Archive] Help with Bases

Merchant:

Hi all :slight_smile:

I’ll like to hear if you can help me and Vasquez with bases for our minis.

Vasquez needs some snow/winter bases for her Sisters of Battle.

- What do we need to do, and how??? x.x

I’ need some more special help, since I’ll like to buy the new Imperial Outpost (White Dwarf nr. 355 s.117) - and I’ll like to combine that kind of colour with a more city look.

- What do I need to do, and how??? x.x

Please we really hope, some of you can help us :cheers

cornixt:

For white snow, my wife used the GW snow flock. The problem with it is that it is actually see-through rather than white, so you have to properly fill the base and paint it white before gluing the flock on or it looks bad.

Pyro Stick:

For white snow, my wife used the GW snow flock. The problem with it is that it is actually see-through rather than white, so you have to properly fill the base and paint it white before gluing the flock on or it looks bad.

cornixt
I was recommended this snow:

http://www.ontracks.co.uk/index.php?page=product&prodID=63601&catID=

Its called Woondland Scenics Snow and apparently its much better than GW's crappy snow. I hate how their stuff is see through. Its such a pain having to paint all the bases first and then sometimes you still have to go over it twice with flock since it gives such a thin layer.

Kera foehunter:

i use the same stuff that pyro does its great
what you do is you mix it up! till it get thick like grits or a thick paste
put it on the model ( or do what i do find a old stand and try it out so you know how it would work)
if you do rocks like this one leve the rock bare and use pva glue to make it look like ice

wallacer:

I used Woodland Scenics for my Empire army. I drybrushed the base white then put 2 layers of Woodland Scenics snow on top. Anything less than 2 layers probably wouldn’t be sufficient.