[Archive] Here is the sum total of the next WD!

AGPO:

As taken from GWs own website

Warhammer:

*Battle Report: Hour of the Dead: Can the Arch Lector prevent Vlad von Carstein from crossing the River Stir in this special scenario?

*Vampire Counts Sketchbook: John Blanche, Vampires. 'Nuff said.

40K:

*Warhammer 40,000 Tactica: Fast Vehicles: Robin Cruddace unveils some fiendish tactics.

*Battle for Rynn’s World: Orks versus Crimson Fists in a classic showdown.

LOTR:

*Modelling Workshop: Mumakil: Customise your powerful pachyderm.

*'Eavy Metal Showcase: Elves of Middle-earth: A look at the Studio’s Elf collection.

Other

*Painting Masters: Martin Footitt: The work of an ace Citadel Designer and painter.

Other than that it’s just the regular plugs such as the mail order and news section which appear on the website anyway. For this people are expected to pay £4?!?!?

Pyro Stick:

…How…exciting…yawn… Cant they think of anything new for WD? The number of battles including Orks and Space Marines is ridiculous and the mumakil thing has been done before.

Willmark:

WARNING, WARNING, snooze-fest ahead!

GRNDL:

I’ll cut them some slack on the Ork vs Marine scenario - its a welcome change. Its an up-to-date version of the very first printed Warhammer scenario - the one depicted on the cover of the 1987 Warhammer rulebook. With background fluff, multi-stage campaign, etc.

As for everything else in the mag, yeah, its pretty dry. Nothing you haven’t seen before 10 times already.

Khan!:

Hm, this really does not sound very good. Isn’t this supposed to be the warhammer-tastic anniversary issue also? Or has that come and gone already? Also the empire/vampires battle report sounds a lot like the really old one that featured the Necromancer Lord on Manticore…hm I can’t remember his name - Heinrich something?. Not a criticism really, just made me think of it.

Kera foehunter:

whoooo hooo more lotr crap. 40 k ho hum.

thanks for letting us know you save me from a slow death * Kera smiles *

gIL^:

but with our dire need of cd news, we wont be happy with a wd till the mention cd’s in :stuck_out_tongue:

Thommy H:

How is this different from WD usually…? It’s been a glorified catalogue since about 2005.

clam:

By “Next” he means UK #339 - March 2008

As taken from GWs own website

Warhammer:

*Battle Report: Hour of the Dead: Can the Arch Lector prevent Vlad von          Carstein from crossing the River Stir in this special scenario?

*Vampire Counts Sketchbook: John Blanche, Vampires. 'Nuff said.

40K:

*Warhammer 40,000 Tactica: Fast Vehicles: Robin Cruddace unveils some fiendish tactics.

*Battle for Rynn’s World: Orks versus Crimson Fists in a classic showdown.

LOTR:

Modelling Workshop: Mumakil: Customise your powerful pachyderm.

'Eavy Metal Showcase: Elves of Middle-earth: A look at the Studio’s Elf collection.

Other

*Painting Masters: Martin Footitt: The work of an ace Citadel Designer and painter.

Other than that it’s just the regular plugs such as the mail order and news section which appear on the website anyway. For this people are expected to pay £4?!?!?

AGPO
Oh! And I think you forgot a major: :slight_smile:

Warhammer:

*Vampire Counts Design Notes: We get Gav Thorpe to spill the beans on the bloodsucking Lords of Undeath.
Hm, this really does not sound very good.  Isn’t this supposed to be the warhammer-tastic anniversary issue also?  Or has that come and gone already?  

Khan!
I think that is saved for the April issue.

Revlid:

I’ll flick through it for the concept art - depending on the quality of such, I may buy it.

Otherwise, not interested.

AGPO:

I’ll buy the april issue because I have all the other aniverssary issues going back to issue 100. That’ll purely be for collectors purposes though but I bet there’ll be a price hike for it

Lord Zarkov:

As far as recent WDs have been its actually quite good: fairly in depth design notes from Gav; a decent LOTR Hobby Article (yes LOTR but at least they’re trying); Notes and discussion (+pics) on the new VC concept art, and the concepting process in general; a Battle Report which is a scenario dreamed up especially by Gav rather than just a pitched battle; The Rynns world article is a campaign idea which looks ok (just skimmed it); and then there is the tactica and the Painting masters which has some nice pictures and not too much white space. The Elf bit was a bit boring though but again it had little white space and seemed to have a lot of painting and colour scheme ideas (again just skimmed it).

All in All, a definite improvement on previous issues!

Grimstonefire:

Warning: Spoiler of result of battlereport.

Breaking news. The new army battle report is a DRAW!?!? The new Vampire Counts army is obviously rubbish then, and I won’t be buying it :wink:

dancehat:

This one caught my eye. He´s a great painter(Loved the Dark Eldar he did quite awhile back for example).

minty:

the new WD is actualy a good read, not the standard it used to be but about 13792000039586735587662 times what we have been getting

but the new VC aren’t rubish, they just require tactics to work. in otherwords, sucess in my eyes:)

AGPO:

As far as recent WDs have been its actually quite good

Lord Zarkov
Christ it must have gone down hill since I used to get it

Nazhur:

The battlereport where very good and could be the bes tin several years. REal fun to read. Also a intersting outcome.

Xander:

I only buy WDs for the bits breakdown these days. Conversions also catch my eye, as well as Golden Demon coverage.

X-Porter:

*Battle for Rynn's World: Orks versus Crimson Fists in a classic showdown.

AGPO
Ah, yes. nice to see them scavenging material from the original Rogue Trader rulebook. Break out your deodorant-grav-tank conversions for this one.

AGPO:

not that it hasn’t been done a thousand times you understand. Why not just give us some guenuine hobby articles rather than “we follow one our staff’s progress in buying loads of our stuff.”