[Archive] Heresy! **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Will la tete rouge:

Im considering painting my chaos dwarf beards 'not black’

what do we think? Am I committing a terrible crime or have other people done this?

thoughts please.

Method:

Mine used to be red, prior to them being stripped.
I think they would look fine.

what color are you thinking about?

Ghrask Dragh:

Ha, check out my blog, I went multicolour, haha.

As long as their souls are black my friend it matters not :cheers

Will la tete rouge:

Method
Not sure,

Problem is mine have a boltgun (leadbelcher?) metal main torso and with a black beard with a little highlighting, the beards tend to blend in with the metal.

My dwarfs have a blue theme but with a nurgle allignment (Actually building the force that went with Tamurkhan) so not sure about beards.

Will la tete rouge:

Method
Not sure,

Problem is mine have a boltgun (leadbelcher?) metal main torso and with a black beard with a little highlighting, the beards tend to blend in with the metal.

My dwarfs have a blue theme but with a nurgle allignment (Actually building the force that went with Tamurkhan) so not sure about beards.

Will la tete rouge
Thanx to you both for the advice, I have given it a go and it looks sweet,

Thank you.

cornixt:

Brown and blond beards are very rare to see on CD models, even bright orange/red are more popular. Mine used to be blue/black since I was copying in the GW scheme, but now they are plain black.

Kera foehunter:

blue or orange beards all depends on the color of your army

blue beards work with grey or white skin

orange work with a dwarf color skin

Will la tete rouge:

blue or orange beards  all depends on the color of your army

Kera foehunter
I have a mix of browns/red/black in the unit and it looks good. More natural then I had before.

I hate seeing armies where people have empire for example and they all look exactly the same - same skin colour, haristyle, hair colour. I've always been like this, I even had to paint bald patches/moustaches etc on my subbuteo players as a kid. My striker looked like Ron Jeremy from what I can remember.

After looking at some of the others, I feel I should start a blog on here.

tvandyke:

Im considering painting my chaos dwarf beards 'not black'

what do we think? Am I committing a terrible crime or have other people done this?

thoughts please.

Will la tete rouge
I've always used blue/black beards for my infantry and red/auburn/orange beards for my Sorcerers and Bull Centaurs. My Infernal Guards armor is copper for the scales (which is a very reddish metal) and the plate is a deep red almost burgany. I tried the red/auburn/orange beards but there simply wasn't enough contrast so I went back to the standard bluish/black and they look really good. My Sorcerers and Bull Centaurs on the other hand have black armor and black bodies for the bulls, so the Red/Auburn/Orange beards look great since it creates a nice contrast and keeps with the overall Red/Black/Copper colors of my entire army. I've seen a Big Hat army done completely with Red Beards and Black Armor and it looked fantastic.

GRNDL:

I don’t think its heresy but it does seem to be the path less travelled. I wrestled with the idea of different colour beards for quite some time before I made peace with the idea. Chaos Dwarves also go by Dawi Zharr: “Fire Dwarves”, IIRC (its been awhile), so I decided to make my beards look like they were hot, molten metal. The choice is generally welcomed - never heard a bad word about that choice, is probably a better way of putting it.

If you’ve got a bold vision for your dawi zharr, you should indulge it regardless of what you think others might think. Its your army, after all. Be proud of it.

Averrucus:

I’ ve got a blue bearded Demonsmith, a white-ish sorcer one, and almost all my IG dorfs have brown-reddish one…now that I have to paint my hasslefree Hayden as a Rinn-Zharr (is that the term for a female dorf? wasn’t Rinn the female counterpart of Dawi?) I think I’ll try a violet hue for her mohawk! she’s a bad gurl…

Abecedar:

If you want to be a heretic… paint them Pink.

Kera foehunter:

Kera foehunter
I have a mix of browns/red/black in the unit and it looks good. More natural then I had before.

I hate seeing armies where people have empire for example and they all loo

Will la tete rouge
LET SEE IT Blog please I like to see an Ron Jeremy chaos dwarf :)

Will la tete rouge:

Kera foehunter

I hate seeing armies where people have empire for example and they all loo

Will la tete rouge
LET SEE IT  Blog please I like to see an Ron Jeremy  chaos dwarf :)

Kera foehunter
That would be wrong on sooooooooo many levels! HaHA hA.