[Archive] Hobbo advice

Skink:

Considering that I see Hobbos as mongol marauders, taller than a goblin but slightly shorter than a man I was thinking to create my hobbos the same way of Tjub’s - M3livin’s - Ogrob’s.

However, I’m not too fond of Goblin heads, they simply look too… “Goblin”. Look at classic hobbo models, their face is different.

Reasoning on this I’v always got this idea buzzing in my mind:

What do you think of Mordor Orcs used as Hobbos? Painted with green skin they should look like Braggronor comic’s hobbos.

Perturabo:

They might look a bit odd, scale-wise, as they are quite a bit smaller than WH models.

If you like the look of the Hobbo’s by T-jub et al, some of the goblin heads have the thinner slant-eyed look of the old Hobbo heads. The ones with top knots and the horned helmets, I think.

Skink:

That’s the point, the scale is perfect! I’m searching for something smaller than a human but taller than a gobbo.

Perturabo:

Bear in mind the limbs and hands etc will be smaller. Not that I’m trying to discourage you, if they work for you go for it! I just find them too different in scale, personally.

snowblizz:

Bear in mind the limbs and hands etc will be smaller. Not that I'm trying to discourage you, if they work for you go for it! I just find them too different in scale, personally.

Perturabo
I have to agree. The tiny hands, arms, and legs will make this look like offscale Orcs more than Hobbos. Now the *head* of LotR orcs might actually work.
I putting my hops to Grot heads myself.

Skink:

Meh, I gave a look at the models, guess that you are right guyz. :~:~:~