[Archive] Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower Question

Kera foehunter:

yea !! the good old days !! that’s what one says when they get to be in there 30s

lol

Da Crusha:

DireWolf FAQ

- Hobgoblins suffer Animosity just as a unit of Goblins would in the
Orc & Goblin book. This replaces the animosity rule in Ravening Hordes
(special rule 3).
S. US White Dwarf #250 page 11

Meow Meow

Groznit Goregut:

If you google DireWolf FAQ, I’m sure you can find it. I doubt it’s hard to locate.

two_heads_talking:

Thanks for the replies!
Sure, the current OnG army book.

Groznit Goregut
Which has absolutely nothing to do with hobgoblins and chaos dwarf unit sizes or anything.

two_heads_talking
DireWolf FAQ

- Hobgoblins suffer Animosity just as a unit of Goblins would in the
Orc & Goblin book. This replaces the animosity rule in Ravening Hordes
(special rule 3).
S. US White Dwarf #250 page 11

Meow Meow

monkeigh
White Dwarf 250 huh? page 11? ok, good to know.

not sure how cheeky you are with teh meow meow, but you can keep the kitty stuff to yourself..

two_heads_talking:

If you google DireWolf FAQ, I'm sure you can find it.  I doubt it's hard to locate.

Groznit Goregut
While it's a commonly used FAQ, DireWolf is hardly official. I t hink about 50% of their FAQ is their own rulings, 25% is GW stuff compiled and the other 25% is fan based..

I don't consider DireWolf anything but good suggestion or good idea..

It's not Official and that's pretty much all I need to know..

two_heads_talking:

Ahhh it would be fun to go back to the good olde days (3rd edition)  when Orc armies were testing for Animosity everywhere, most fun stuff to watch.

Willmark
You don't need to go back the 3rd edition for that.. 5th edition was Animosity heavy.. Unless you added black orcs to keep those weedy ones in line.. 6th edition just doesn't make any sense to me.. except it's a reversal to herohammer and quite frankly that just was a dumb move.

monkeigh:

I would still recommend the Direwolf FAQ, luckily it lists where the ruling came from so you can at least use the GW ones and leave the Direwolf rulings as suggestions.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

yea !! the good old days !! that's what one says when they get to be in there 30s
lol

kera
Then why does my 22 year old workmate say it too?

Sounds like 3rd edition and 4th edition were fun times, but a lot of rules were too steeped and too ridiculous...like the missfired CD Rocket bouncing all over the table until it exploded.

Kera foehunter:

Hey two heads that 3 post in 4 min that omost spaming !!!

@ mr T !! because where the same age

Willmark:

Are you giving lessons in spamming Kera?

Kera foehunter:

No!!! i’m anti spamming!!! I don’t want the poor staff to get over worked!!

just doing my part on making this the best site ever!!!

two_heads_talking:

If there was a multi-quote option, I’d not have to resort to that…

Of course, I suppose not posting at all in an option…

Willmark:

I think you’re reading too much into this THT.

Groznit Goregut:

6th edition just doesn't make any sense to me.. except it's a reversal to herohammer and quite frankly that just was a dumb move.

two_heads_talking
Do you mean 7th Ed? I agree if you mean 7th Ed. 6th Ed was fine with me and wasn't HeroHammer at all. In fact, I thought 5th was Herohammer, 6th brought it back, and now 7th is there again. I'm sure you must have meant 7th Ed.

I fully know what you mean, though! I remember reading the articles and interviews when 7th Ed came out. It was all suppose to be about the infantry and Core units fighting. They were going to make all cavalry expensive and tone the rest down. That lasted for one army book - OnG! In Empire, knights got cheaper! Oh, well....

Tarrakk Blackhand:

THT! I didn’t recognise your new Avitar! Good one!

two_heads_talking:

I think you're reading too much into this THT.

Willmark
I was being sarcastic.. sorry, I forgot the smilies.

Kera foehunter:

good try !! Why did you change your avatar back ??

The new one was cool

two_heads_talking:

good try !!  Why did you change your avatar back ??
The new one was cool

Kera foehunter
I didn't.. I'm still using the Broncos/IronMan avatar.

Kera foehunter:

Look again !!! this is the only one that has the old avatar it freaking me out!!

two_heads_talking:

perhaps you need to hit ctrl/refresh… it’s a blue/orange ironman mask…