[Archive] Hobgoblin Liche Priest Light Council

MadHatter:

Inspired by Lepcon85’s incredible stunt of summoning a light council to take down a bloodthirster I felt inspired to do some research. For some reason it never hit me that we get to access other lores through the lore of undeath, namely nehekhara, vampires, shadow and light and I believe this discussion deserves a thread.

We all know the lore of shadow but what other tricks could one pull off with the Lore of Undeath through “Kandorak - the Harbinger” (goes off on 10+ and summons a character worth up to 65 points.) by summoning a vampire (death, shadow, vampires) or a Liche priest (light, death, nehekhara)?

Besides Lepcon’s glorious light council :hat off these spells where the ones I found interesting when looking through the lores:

Vampires

-Vanhel’s Danse Macabre (Move unit 8", reroll to hit)

-Hellish Vigour (reroll to wound)

Nehekhara

-Ptra’s Incantation of Righteous Smiting (+1 attack or multiple shots 2)

-Usekhp’s Incantation of Desiccation (similar to soul blight, boosted -d3)

Light

-Banishment (building a light council)

-Speed of light (I10, WS10)

-Net of Amyntok (Hexed unit has to pass a S test to act)

-Bironas timewarp (Alw. strike first, boost M, A)

Light is the most interesting and stabile choice, good chances to roll great hexes and augments and the signature is a flaming magic missile which synergizes well with ashstorm.

I still haven’t tried this myself and we all know there are better options than the Lore of Undeath however a Chaos Dwarf necromancer on top of a Lammasu dropping an undead lightcouncil is something so fresh you can taste the crunch.

Now… with the background done - on to serious business:

How to make Chaos Dwarf styled Liche Priests? An idea I’ve had for the coming Golden Hat which I scrapped for a bigger project was a hobgoblin skeleton to use as the unit champion for my cursed company models. The plan was to convert this orc skeleton from the cursed company with this little gem here, the the hobgoblin skull bannerpole then remove the sword for a staff/skull.

List wise, how would one pull this off in a secure and stabile way? Should one need to base this on a Undeath-council of Prophets and Daemonsmiths kitted out with some spellboosting guarding hellcannons and magmacannons perhaps?

Dînadan:

How to make Chaos Dwarf styled Liche Priests? An idea I've had for the coming Golden Hat which I scrapped for a bigger project was a hobgoblin skeleton to use as the unit champion for my cursed company models. The plan was to convert this orc skeleton from the cursed company with this little gem here, the the hobgoblin skull bannerpole then remove the sword for a staff/skull.

MadHatter
Wouldn't the Skaven skellie be a better base than the Orc?

If you're in on the Dungeon Saga Kickstarter, then I think getting an extra undead dwarf king via the Pledge Manager should give you a good basis for a CD Liche. The undead dwarf warriors could also work as CD Wight/Tomb Kings if you wanted to summon one of those.

MadHatter:

Wouldn't the Skaven skellie be a better base than the Orc?

If you're in on the Dungeon Saga Kickstarter, then I think getting an extra undead dwarf king via the Pledge Manager should give you a good basis for a CD Liche.  The undead dwarf warriors could also work as CD Wight/Tomb Kings if you wanted to summon one of those.

Dînadan
Nice, yes, yes! It would indeed. Thanks!

Genius! :cheers

Ill check out the dungeon saga kickstarter...

Dînadan:

DS Kickstarter is already funded, so if you’re not already in, you’ll have to wait for it to go to retail.

Malorndk:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15234

I had an entire thread dedicated to this exact topic, but it didn’t receive much attention :wink:

In the start it’s more overall about the summoning aspect of LoU, but later in the thread I give overviews over some of the other lores.

Baggronor:

Worth remembering the Undead buff spells like VanHel’s only work on Undead. Fairly limited use in a LoA army except on the casting vampire himself. Seeing as the vamp himself requires successful castings to show up in the first place, I doubt you’d get that much to happen. I suspect what you’d end up doing is summoning units rather than vamp heroes - summoning Hexwraiths or Vargheists is just too handy.

Summoning a Casket of Souls would be massive, and would look awesome if you converted something up (a dark altar or a floating obsidian throne or something). D3 extra dice in subsequent phases and the Light of Death is a big threat for enemy dispel dice. You’d need a lv4 on Undeath to be sure of getting the spell though.

As for a CD Liche… maybe trawl eBay for some of the 3rd ed CD minis? Not sure what the options are for undead Dwarf minis. The Hobgoblin conversion idea is much better though, I say do it :cheers

Lepcon85:

Glad to see that my tinkering has really opened up some interesting threads. so far I have been trying to do some theory converting with current bit access. so far I have converted a set of hexwraiths from chaos dogs and wolf riders. also used the scyth bits from the vc knight/wraight kits. so far its been a fun conversion but still work in progress