[Archive] Hobgoblin Unit size

Willmark:

Anyone ever notice this? in the Ravening Hordes list is says that all hobgoblin wolfriders must be 10+? Is that true of Gobbos? I don’t play them or often play against them…

I would think 5+ for wolfriders would be plausible.

Thommy H:

5+ for normal gobbo wolf riders. The 10+ on hobgobbos is a result of space saving: wolves are an upgrade for normal hobgoblins rather than a unit in themselves, so they get the same size limits.

AGPO:

But common/night goblins on foot have a minimum unit size of 20, so it balances out - our sacrificial cavalry units have to be bigger, but they don’t get disposable “bait and draw” units for 40pts. Just as well really - who remembers the days when you could have three fanatics in a unit of 5 nightgoblins?

Willmark:

who remembers the days when you could have three fanatics in a unit of 5 nightgoblins?

AGPO
Played against those a LONG time ago, don't miss them!

Arlon:

o man i love fanatics seen great amount s of destruction because of those demons

gIL^:

rules were in 4th that you needed a rank to hide gobs so you needed 8 :stuck_out_tongue:

Willmark:

Wow, so many threads coming back to life around here its like “Dawn of the Dead”…

Kera foehunter:

i think thats cool .I didn,t know you had to have 10

Willmark:

Huh? its right in the army list there Kera.