[Archive] Hobgoblyn's Horde

Hobgoblyn:

I apologize for the crappy quality of these pictures. I need to get my hands on a decent digital camera instead of my old, overused crappy cellphone camera.

But, I wanted to say that I actually made some measurable progress! (yay me)

Personally, I have to say that the Bretonian Hobgoblins came out so well that I’m not even tempted to use the old Chaos Dwarf style Hobgoblin models.

The only drawback is that there is a very limited number of head styles and it will get too repeatative by the time I complete the army. :frowning:

tjub:

From what I can see on the pics they look good! Maybe a bit clean, but as you said it hard to see… :stuck_out_tongue:

I do my hobos with the other heads from the sprue, so I get quiate a few of the hat heads. Where are you from?

Swissdictator:

It is a bit hard to see, but from what I can see the banner looks nice and you seem to have a good basing scheme too.

Kera foehunter:

i like the colors skeam !!the banner looks totally hobgoblin

Zanko:

I share Keras view concerning the colour scheme, cause of the quality of the pictures I cannot make any comment concerning the minis in detail …

Please make keener pics! :o

:hashut

Hobgoblyn:

I’ve upgraded the pictures to slightly better ones. I have 3 units painted and based here, though this is only about half my archers and spearmen.

I’ve got my wolfriding archers, heavy armored wolfriders, sorcerer, some hobhounds, 2 bolt throwers and a storm raven left to finish constructing and painting, I have some tigers but I’ll need to order some riders (once I figure out what to use for tiger riders).

Kera foehunter:

it makes a different!! thanks !So hobgoblyn what are you doing with the baces

Hobgoblyn:

1/3 of my bases I paint terracotta, 1/3 are bleached bone, 1/3 are fortress gray then (after they dry) I put random (as random as I can be with a paintbrush) sploches of the other two colors on the bases. After those have dried I put random sploches of skull white on top of the other colors.

Finally I spray-glue all the tops of the bases while in a small box lined with plastic before dropping in some GW snow base. I shake vigorously for a few moments before letting it sit.

The final result is a camo-style pattern that looks a bit like ground with random rocks colored in snow, sleet and ice-- at least if one doesn’t look too closely.

Kera foehunter:

That sound cool !! I cant wait to see this !!