[Archive] How do you picture Hashut?

ashur:

What is the Liber Chaotica?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

It’s a series of background books published by the Black Library. They cover the four major Chaos powers in the fantasy setting (there is a small hint to the plant of scorcerors from 40k in the Tzeentch book though).

Hashut’s Blessing:

Don’t forget the one that encompasses all four gods and has a little undivided in it as well!

Khaosbeardling:

I either picture him as an actual Bull, like the Great Taurus, possibly with wings, but certainly surrounded by shadow and flame (in the same way as the LotR Balrog I'd say). Although this puts him in quite a bestial light, I always thought of the Great Taurii as Greater Daemons of Hashut anyway, and so would be modelled upon him.

Alternatively, I can also see him as being slightly more humanoid, keeping the general bull figure, but with humanoid arms and hands, standing upright. The only problem here I have is that he seems to me to be a bit too like the Bloodthirster (and therefore too much like Khorne?)

Liger
I very much agree with Liger on this subject.

Titanomachy:

I imagined Hashut looking something like the giant, armoured minotaur from God of War, but not so mechanical. Think of a one of the giant Heartless and the Minotaur combined… I’ll work on a sketch.

Titan

minty:

I always saw hashut as he was described in the fantasy roleplay book draught (the 1st one, not second) as a shadow bloodthirster of great power surrounded by eternal flames

Tallhat:

I always saw hashut as he was described in the fantasy roleplay book draught (the 1st one, not second) as a shadow bloodthirster of great power surrounded by eternal flames

minty
Id say he was something liek that yes. But with no Khorne symbols or anything. Problem with this theory is that all Daemons are esentially just extensions of the gods will. Which means that they dont have any free will. So for him to be a renegade bloodthirster he would have to have a mind of his own which isnt possible. It is more likely that he, in the style of Be'lakkor, was a very mighty Daemon Prince of Khorne that has gone renegade.

- Tallhat

Revlid:

Id say he was something liek that yes. But with no Khorne symbols or anything. Problem with this theory is that all Daemons are esentially just extensions of the gods will. Which means that they dont have any free will. So for him to be a renegade bloodthirster he would have to have a mind of his own which isnt possible. It is more likely that he, in the style of Be'lakkor, was a very mighty Daemon Prince of Khorne that has gone renegade.

Tallhat
Beep! Sorry, wrong answer.

It is more likely that he is just a god in his own right, in the same manner as the Horned Rat, Khaine, Taal or Morr.

eternalfreak:

I see him as a massive, bad-ass minotaur. With armour. Actually, very Khorne like.

cornixt:

Bloodthirsters using magic has always been a bit odd to me, and the only thing Khornate that is remotely like a bull is the juggernaut (which was probably made by CDs anyway), so I’d say a minotaur is the closest, maybe sitting on an erupting volcano, with a mane of fire.

Uzkul Werit:

It does seem odd but what was even more odd was that even though Khorne hates long ranged combat, we still made war machines for Khornate armies back in 3rd Edition.

grunts:

Something like the C’tan Nightbringer. But with a bull head (of course) and a body made of molten metal

Pyro Stick:

I would imagine him something like what xander described in his first post crossed with a balrog.

Tallhat:

Tallhat
Beep! Sorry, wrong answer.

It is more likely that he is just a god in his own right, in the same manner as the Horned Rat, Khaine, Taal or Morr.

Revlid
I didnt propose for him to actually be that, but I stated this as a possebility for those out there that DO think that Hashut is a renegade Daemon of some kind. I never stated that this was what I myself thought. I agree with you that he is more likely a God in his own right.

- Tallhat

zagor66:

I dont think Hashut should be pictured because it takes away his godly form and presence , takes away the mystery to.

Tallhat:

But virtually all other Chaos Gods have been described and that didnt take away anything.

- Tallhat

zagor66:

Only in small descriptions nothing actually really descriptive like the Balrog.

Tallhat:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.php/Khorne#Khorne

This is official stuff.

- Tallhat

zagor66:

I stand corrected.

Tallhat:

:wink: Hashut forgives you

- Tallhat