[Archive] How does a chaos army do?

Tarliyn:

Given that the cds don’t get alot of support and I haven’t seen a modern chaos dwarf army in action I was currious how you guys do with your cd armies against your friends/group mates?

Do they hold there own or are the rules starting to show some age?

Thanks again

Tarliyn:

Given that the cds don’t get alot of support and I haven’t seen a modern chaos dwarf army in action I was currious how you guys do with your cd armies against your friends/group mates?

Do they hold there own or are the rules starting to show some age?

Thanks again

Lepreh Khan:

They can definately hold their own. The army functions as follows; A dwarf Artillery army mixed with an Orc and Goblin army. We really have access to every kind of troop, which is very nice.

-We have Sturdy dwarf Warriors who can be given great weapons if you so desire.

-We have Blunderbusses which are devastating to the enemy (just imagine hitting every model in an enemy unit with strength 5! They can even stand and shoot!)

-We have Hobgoblin slaves which are 2 points a piece and have multiple uses (think skaven slaves here). You could also give them light armor, shields, and full command if you wished to for combat resolution, but I wouldn’t recommend it. They can also be given bows, which makes them fairly inexpensive bowmen.

-We have Hobgoblin Wolf Riders which are a pretty cheap Fast Cavalry Choice. No army should be without them IMO.

-Bull Centaurs take the place of our Heavy Cavalry. Not quite as good of an armor save but they have Toughness 4 and can have more attacks than most heavy cav.

-Our Artillery rocks! The Earthshaker is not only a stone thrower using the cannon misfire table (meaning it doesn’t blow up as often), but it also halves units within 2D6 movement, stops all missile fire that they could do, and warmachines will only be able to fire on a 4+. We have Bolt Throwers for 30 points and they’re 2 for 1 special slot!!! The death rocket is ok as well.

-Our Sorcerer Lords have leadership 10 and the stat lines of a dwarf hero… no complaints there. Our other sorcerers have regular dwarf stat lines.

-We can get Monstrous mounts which don’t take up a Hero or Rare slot.

-We have access to Orc Boyz, Orc Arrer Boyz and Black Orcs, which can be nice to bolster forces.

The magic Items selection is a bit lacking, but the ones that we do have Rock!

Hope this helps.

-Lepreh Khan

Tarliyn:

thanks that pretty much answers all my questions.