[Archive] How does one get to be a good member of this community?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Just asking because I have been here for a long time, but I’m not too sure how to be great for this community.

Is it a matter of devoting time, or commenting on the right posts, or writng more stories, or posting more…what does a guy do?

Or am I ok and I shouldn’t worry about it?

gIL^:

Yea your cool don’t worry about it

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Thanx! :smiley: … but I was thinking of getting involved more. What’s a good way?

Kera foehunter:

Just like a lot of us that been here for a long time . Just do what you always do .

Me i just rob the souls of the unwary :slight_smile:

Mr. t your fine… but what i love the most about you is your very stylist Videos.

Why not do a video on life and time of the hated one ?

or maybe one on a hot female sexy pirate Dwarf :slight_smile:

that’s my 2 cents

Thommy H:

The way to be a good member of this community is pretty much the same as in any other community, be it another online forum, your town, your family, your harem, your AA meeting, your Masonic lodge, your cult rally or your ninja dojo: help people out and try not to be too much of an asshole.

Kera foehunter:

This being Chaos dwarfs. wouldn’t back stabbing cheating and being an ASSHOLE get you to the top ??

I wouldn’t know … Being I’m a Pirate cult leader and in slaver of Men :slight_smile:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

your harem

Thommy H
Dreaming again, are we? :D

Kera foehunter:

You can change your site tidal from hated one to Mac Daddy or Dr. love :slight_smile:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yes…but that would kill the ferocity of it all!

Hashut’s Blessing:

1. How do you think Xander got to the top, Kera?

2) How is Dr. Love not more fearsome than The Hated One?

3) Be me.

(P.S. Just do what ya do, kiddo. You’re already up there, lol :stuck_out_tongue: but if you want to actively do stuff for the community, there’s not much that springs to mind - if you can think of topics for CDR, I’ll join you, if you can write articles for WoH and get more people to help, then we can do that.)

Kera foehunter:

How did xander get to the top

1 - he own the site

2- he goes by a sexy name

3 - he locked thommy h in the basement to stop him from gaining a take over

4 - he has his evil Seth lord take out any one that get to close to Xander

5 - he is my Twin Brother throw i got the brain and the great looks he got the site :slight_smile:

gIL^:

Im usually an outside observer at CDO right from the beginning and during the dark times on HoH, Having created 3 CD armies not quite like them and sell it all off. Yes im in the process of a 4th army, Im assembling & converting parts and Golem painting studio is painting them for me as my hands do not allow me to paint, As i havnt personally painted them i think it’s disingenuous to post a blog, Wouldn’t you say?

I just give people stuff for free really. I mean what’s an Infernal Guard here and there. I did give a guy 2 deathrockets about a year ago. I don’t want anything for it just like to give stuff to deserving people.

Grimstonefire:

I think you get to be a good member by doing all of these:

1.  Always being helpful or offering constructive comments.
2.  Avoid swearing and posting rubbish.
3.  Never leaving

Ideally you will keep posting interesting things as well.

Thommy H:

Yeah, don’t post stupid things that add nothing to the bloody conversation.

Thorne:

You know what, Really a good community member doesnt get noticed that much. Having posted lurked and moderated on many a forum the most famous and noteworthy people on them tend to be troublesome at best. Unlike many forums arround the interwebs CDO has the unfortunate honnor of being filled with so many people whom are bloody good at what they do and very talented. Its difficult to get so noticed when so so so many other people are already great. What do you do to stand above them I dont know but what you are doing already is being a great forum member.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well thank you everyone! It’s nice to be surrounded by so many great people!

Xander:

1. Post pictures of everything you convert

2) Post pictures of everything you paint

3) Post pictures of your whole army

4) Earn badges associated with all the various facets of the forum (ie. posting pics!)

Updating the Wiki is also a great help to the community. It’s probably been neglected recently… I need to think of a better way to integrate it.

I’ve also been looking into Pinterest lately. This might be a very good way to organize models and conversions for really easy browsing…

Grimstonefire:

Is there any way of adding a CDO gallery similar to the gallery at Cool mini or not?

That’s the most comprehensive gallery of minis on the internet and very effective.

Not sure whether it would require another website that’s linked to from here?