[Archive] How long have you played warhammer

Kera foehunter:

I was seeing how long some of you guys played warhammer. To see who is the longest warhammer game player. so what year did you start playing.

Arlon:

year year and a half of accuaLy playing

longer collecting

D’dos Croizii:

Only a month and a half, still a newbie

Willmark:

Since Fall of 1989 for WFRP; 1990 for Fantasy Battle.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I started collecting WH Undead back in 1994.

Willmark:

1994? That’s it? Fffffttttt! Noob! :slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

…2004…The year archaon on foot was released. It seems like i have been collecting for much longer than that.

Canix:

When it was first released but i had a break of fifteen years while travelling running clubs,Festivals etc got back into it again about six years ago and opened the treasure trove of boxes that had been stored away:D

Ishkur Cinderhat:

1994? That's it? Fffffttttt! Noob! :)

Willmark
Yeah but still - as soon as I had the money as a young beardling, I spent it for GW - so I still showed the right attitude!

Willmark:

Yes you did indeed. Congrats on realizing it early on that warhammer was/is a cool game.

Uzkul Werit:

I must’ve began in 2003.

Kera foehunter:

i started playing in 2005.

wallacer:

I have a depressing feeling I started playing before some of you were even born.

My first year of High School, I think, which would have been around 1986.

Kera foehunter:

Wow!!! maybe not dad ,but how about a uncle. Uncle Wallacer

Willmark:

Same here Wallacer. I don’t feel old, but to some here we are probably “ancient”.

I look at it this way though, we got to experience the “golden age” of warhammer. Especially with 3rd. To me still the best edition of the game even with its quirks. The sheer variety of models along with great varation in the rules meant that almost every army was different, even two of the same race.

Gilzam:

1993 here guys :cheers

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

1989, 3rd edition rulebook and heroquest, loved the warhammer background with the huge amount of races in it, many years later…

Ellimist:

Nearly 6 years ago now :s. Kinda hard to believe.

Canix:

We may be ancient but the child still lives within us.we still allow that child self its pleasure of play,long live the child within:s:D

Age is relative and my relatives are young:D 8 yr old daughter and 11week old boy keep me young:hat

Ishkur Cinderhat:

1989, 3rd edition rulebook and heroquest, loved the warhammer background with the huge amount of races in it, many years later...............

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!
Oi, I had Heroquest too! :) When was that, uh... around 1990. But back then I did not realize that it was set in a much bigger and already well established fantasy world.