[Archive] How long have you played warhammer

Willmark:

Some of GWs moves during that time were indeed puzzling. Its as if they were trying to broaden appeal to the core games but doing it in a totally half assed manner.

Kera foehunter:

Wow it looks like Wallacer is the one who played the longest

Arlon:

when did it all start anyway

Canix:

Wow it looks like Wallacer is the one who played the longest

Kera foehunter
No i think thats me was playing in 1983 but had collected citadel GW minis since 1979:s
Tho i did have a break so havent actually been playing all the time

Willmark:

when did it all start anyway

Arlon
GW started making minis in the late 70's. Some of their first stuff was minis for D&D.

Kera foehunter:

Im so sorry canix. Well that is Way back in history you know (B K)

Before Kera

Canix:

Thats cool my memories stretch way back when it works:s i will post pics of some undead soon that has lots of the first minis ie valley of the four winds(minifig)that will show my age:hat

Kera foehunter:

undead armys where they not dead when you got them back in 83 ha ha

well anyway i love to see them

torn:

i have a feeling it was 89 or 90 for me. heroquest wanst my first, but i was still rather young wheni got that. 6 or 7 i think, though id been building model planes and stuff for a while as a precursor.

it seems rather odd that for 3/4 of my life i have been making/painting/playing with little models.

can anyone remember back to something like trollz mini games? i remember there was a lot of random stuff back then. picked up a board game by GW thats practically ancient with no minis but moving cones around a kind of galactic board. cant remember what it was called :frowning: oh well.

gIL^:

orcs and goblins 1994

Willmark:

Naw Torn its what keeps you young. People get old when the stop playing and start doing “grown-up” things only. Not me. I’m going to be young for forever, well, at least immature! :wink:

Colzey:

The year 2000 for me. Collected Tzeencthian Beasts.

Kera foehunter:

Amen to thatWillmark

torn:

ha ha keeps me too young i reckon!

zagor66:

Thats 1986 for me.More like 2000.

Willmark:

For me for roleplaying games/fantasy games in general it would be 1982; I got my first SET: Dungeons and Dragons: Basic Set! I was 9!

Kera foehunter:

Point of order on the locked thead.It states how long have you been playing ???

my thead how long have you played war hammer

they are not the same thead

Pyro Stick:

Point of order on the locked thead.It states how long have you been playing ????
my thead how long have you played war hammer
they are not the same thead

Kera foehunter
Its the exact same thread, just worded differently. The only difference is the use of the word 'played' in place of 'been playing'.

Hammerhand:

since WD 180. It was the issue for the release of Codex: Ultramarines, and Marneus Calgar. I have always been more of a collector than a gamer though. I think that puts me 1994/1995.

Merchant:

Well I have been collecting Warhammer for over 8 years now.

- But only been playing against others for 6 years.