[Archive] How to take on Beastmen

ross_lionheart:

I've played against Beastmen a few times, 4 to be exact and have managed to pull only one 1 win out of them. My opponent uses Morghur, and he is dangerous as all hell if you face him. How to counter the massive blobs of skirmishing herds is my main concern. I tend to blunderbuss some stuff, then get overrun by massed gor & ungor blobs which outnumber me. Bray Shamans I can handle, but its those thrice accursed herds that doom me. I can't use the ES against them either.

Zorgoth, Scion of Hashut
Beastmen are an extremely difficult opponent to defeat using the Chaos Dwarf list because of the variety of troop they bring to the table, not to mention they can actually match toughness and in most cases weapon skill with Chaos Dwarfs.

I haven't played Beastmen a lot myself and I haven't had the chance to face off against MORGHUR but from what you've said It sounds like he's a very dangerous character in close combat.��The best way to deal with him may be to challenge him with an equally powerful character that gets the charge in.��A BC lord who's fully equipped for example or a CD Lord on great Taurus should be able to knock him down a peg or two... :D

As far as the large skirmishing herds go, I'd still advice you to use your blunderbusses ranks of 3x6 so you have a wider firing zone.��Id also suggest that you play a large unit of 25 FCMD CD warriors supported by a close combat character or even 20 Black Orcs beside the unit for support and a charge reaction..I've also seen some people using hobgoblin heroes on foot in blunderbuss regiments so increase their hand to hand combat potential. ;)

Oh!��Id also suggest using alot of long ranged weapons, In this case 6 hobgoblin bolt throwers and a earthshaker cannon might work wonders!

This is an example of my hammer and anvil CD List, It might be more effective against Beastmen :)

Chaos Dwarf 2250 Army List

Thanks,
Ross.