[Archive] I got a Big Hat

snowblizz:

Sort of. I defended my PhD thesis (successfully) last Friday. The plan was to put up a pic with me in my beard and hat, but I learned not too long ago that the hat ceremony is only done every ~3 years (and more importantly I can’t even buy it until that) and I just missed the cut-off line for this year’s promotion ceremony.
I was actually even saving the mugshot for this moment. Oops.

So ya’ll have to make do with this until I can haz mah hatz.

My supervisor on the left, who does have the phat hat, but you aren’t “allowed” to wear it indoors… , on the right is my opponent who as an American isn’t bound by our dress codes so can use full “regalia” if she wants to.
And yes the penguin in the middle is yours truly.

Additional more or less bad pics here

MadHatter:

Congratulations on the impressive beard sir, yeah and the phd was it? Hehe

Whats the subject?

Bloodbeard:

Congratulations!

Beautiful beard. Men have beards. Especially men from small islands.

Kera foehunter:

Didn’t anyone informed you sweetie at the last big hat meeting it was put To vote you must have a big belie too :hat off

Congrades < hug>

Admiral:

Congratulations! But you need a bigger beard and more ringlets in it. :wink:

snowblizz:

Ah, but I do have a big belly, what do you think I’m holding in with my hand… also, black is very slimming and I think the guy who designed the tailcoat did so it would hit the keg, because it does, very effectively.

It’s a PhD in Business Administration, specifically Information systems.

MadHatter:

Ah, but I do have a big belly, what do you think I'm holding in with my hand... also, black is very slimming and I think the guy who designed the tailcoat did so it would hit the keg, because it does, very effectively.

It's a PhD in Business Administration, specifically Information systems.

snowblizz
Been reading some Beynon-Davids then I take it? I'm no phd but I did study information logistics for quite a while and worked info-sys at ikea it for a while. Great and much needed subject, will you be consulting now? Any special sectors you've specialized in?

snowblizz:

I have not actually, that I can remember. There are a lot of stuff in the field though, my professors may not have been fans.

I’ve got a very broad basics (including e-commerce, mobile commerce, a bit of datamining and e-government) since I took most courses available while the subject was being “constructed” in the 2000s, but since a PhD requires focus I’ve mainly been looking at end-user development in small organisations. That’s not entirely conductive to consulting. :wink:

Abecedar:

Congradulations as well. I think I can spell some of those words. You’d have to be from swedish viking stock I imagine.

Bloodbeard:

The question now is, will you be known as:

Dr. Serious Buissness

Or

Dr. Administratör

Keep in mind it’s a metäl umlaut and not a regular umlaut.