[Archive] I made a video!

ryanamandaanna:

I took a hiatus from anything film-related while I was finishing up my degree. I graduated in December, so I figured it was time to get my feet wet again! I made this video over the course of the previous month and just finished it today. Feel free to watch and comment! :cheers

http://vimeo.com/63687030

Kera foehunter:

That great !! love it Ryan …you did a great job and it very cool that it was a family project

Goltor Lintrepide:

That’s a nice video you did there!!! Really like the skunk story and the goat one is so sad. Bravo!

ryanamandaanna:

Thanks, guys! I’m thinking about doing either a lovecraft story, or something from the SCP foundation: SCP Series - SCP Foundation

Thoughts?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Not yet finished (my laptop’s struggling to buffer it up), but it’s a really nice piece, with good use of music and angles to create movement. If you ever end up in England and need an actor, hit me up :wink: I can do voice-overs too :stuck_out_tongue:

How long did the piece take you to make?

ryanamandaanna:

Thanks! I’d love to go to England if I ever could. :smiley: I think it took me about 3 days of shooting (not sure how many hours), and about 5 days of editing.

zobo1942:

My vote is in for something creepy and lovecrafty!

I wrote a Lovecraft-style script about a decade ago, and am planning on putting a little project together this summer - a spooky piece tentatively titled ‘The Idol’ which should be fun to do (mostly as a way for me to get less rusty at compositing in After Effects, and trying out some new gear).

Nicely done!

ryanamandaanna:

I’m wanting to do my own version of “The Terrible Old Man”. I have a loose idea of a screenplay and just need to start writing out some concrete dialog. The original story is here: The Terrible Old Man by H. P. Lovecraft My version gives a bit more backstory on the three criminals. If you want, I can post the screenplay here when its ready. :cheers

zobo1942:

That would be great! I have seen an adaption of 'The Terrible Old Man which was made by Bob Fugger ages ago, and thought it was pretty fun.

The more Lovecraft-inspired stuff out there, the happier a guy I am!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Going to make a thread for collating our film-making endeavours off the back of this so we don’t steal your page.

Only just commenting on the rest of it now, but I managed to watch it after a few more minutes of buffering - such a hard hitting and poignant thrust from an entirely unexpected angle (and the fact I didn’t expect it is an amazing feat in itself as most plots are really clear to me and those that aren’t crystal, at least are not surprising - but this genuinely was) and then nicely brought back up to prevent people finishing it on a devastating note without breaking that hard won emotional investment. Extremely finely done, sir.

ryanamandaanna:

Thanks for the kind words! I’m really excited to keep trying some new things and different genres…

Hashut’s Blessing:

Glad you find them kind, but I was honestly just being truthful, lol.

Thanks for bringing me in on a scripting project - I’m not so grand at writing them, but editing is something I can do.

(Remember, any time you need an additional voice over, I got a mic and recording software, lol :smiley: )