[Archive] I seek slaves

Geist:

This is aimed right at the last two posters of my old thread that got locked before I had a chance to reply.

First for shame for locking it with out letting me answer.

Second this is not a 4chan crap nor is this me googling. This IS me showing off my knowledge base which spans damn near 2 decades of playing.

Second subsection. Just because I do not own a dwarf book does not mean I am not familer with out runes work, I just had to admit I do not own one in case a detail of the rule escapes me.

Third. This was not clowning around, this was a flavorful attempt by me to earn more slaves and to attempt to answer any question put at me.

What is clowning is assuming what you don’t know which both of you last posters did. Also locking a thread and just assuming and saying generalized negative comments with out giving the party that is to receive those comments a chance to reply in a proper format.

I would have thought that my ability to answer a complex question or two would have shown that I know my stuff when it comes to rules answers. I forgot how subjective people online can be.

There are no worthy challengers here. The actions of a few have left a me with a disdain and a taste in my mouth.

Doombeard:

I think sometimes posting rules on forums gets people in trouble maybe that was why they locked it, to be on the safe side. I doubt it was anything personal man.

Geist:

Posting rules on a system that is now fully public knowledge is some how troublesome?

What is this the order of masons?

cornixt:

It went WAAAAAY off topic and there were several complaints. If people keep it to game rules then it is fine.

Geist:

I said I would answer all questions I did.

I even answered them in a mirthful way, because shocker I saw that some of them were off base. So I answered them while keeping it light.

I am just pissed that my thread got locked before I had a chance to reply to the last two folks. Because not only did they accuse me of actions I never do. They got to make assumptions about me with out knowing jack about me.

My knowledge of the game comes from 2 decades of playing. There are few if any rules questions I can not answer on my own power. I never pull 4chan crap nor do I ever use wiki for an answer. Why would I use wiki when I lived through the answer myself?

You wanna trip up my rules knowledge? Easy here is a freebie, ask me a question about the game before 5th ed Fantasy.

sam585:

What was the free hack that occurred when a unit fled from Close Combat?

Also what would make a good unit filler for a bull centaur group outside of an actual bull centaur model?

Doombeard:

I feel like with the Tamurkhan fluff now a good unit filler is a giant ornate vat of liquid metal in the temple of Hashut for them to toss slaves into

torn:

what is 4chan?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Mivrash Faz:

You wanna trip up my rules knowledge?  Easy here is a freebie, ask me a question about the game before 5th ed Fantasy.

Geist
Hey Geist,

In keeping with the spirit of your original thread, and the above statement, here are some questions:
In 1st edition WFB
1. What is the rule about Firing into combat?
2. What are the characteristics used to describe all creatures?
3. What are the rules regarding Alcoholism.
4. How many spells is a Lvl 4 Wizard allowed to have?
5. To whom was WFB dedicated to (I know it's not a rules related question but I'm feeling a bit cheeky:))

MadHatter:

20 slaves for answering my Hellcannon questions sent.

I don’t see your reason to continue a closed discussion in a new thread. I’ll leave this with stating that clearly others in this friendly community reacted as well to your attitude in the last posts and that if you fail to see why then that’s like just your problem man.

Thanks for answering my question in a very good way though, slaves well-earned, could have been a very good thread if you could have kept it at that level! :slight_smile:

Geist:

20 slaves for answering my Hellcannon questions sent.

I don't see your reason to continue a closed discussion in a new thread. I'll leave this with stating that clearly others in this friendly community reacted as well to your attitude in the last posts and that if you fail to see why then that's like just your problem man.

Thanks for answering my question in a very good way though, slaves well-earned, could have been a very good thread if you could have kept it at that level! :)

MadHatter
The level never stopped.

Geist:

What was the free hack that occurred when a unit fled from Close Combat?

Also what would make a good unit filler for a bull centaur group outside of an actual bull centaur model?

sam585
There are only four free attacks I know of 1 of them no longer exist as far as I know.

1 6th ed zombies wold get to make an attack on a fleeing unit. This is the one that is gone now.

2 Squig herds exploding form loss of combat.

3 Slaves exploding from loss of combat.

4 Hobgoblins making a free poke you in the back attack when you flee.

Unit filler for bulls you say?

I wold use foam and do a rough sculpt of a giant bull or dwarf head as a stone statue in the middle. Roughly 5 inches tall so its equal in scale to the bulls.

Geist:

You wanna trip up my rules knowledge?  Easy here is a freebie, ask me a question about the game before 5th ed Fantasy.

Geist
Hey Geist,

In keeping with the spirit of your original thread, and the above statement, here are some questions:
In 1st edition WFB
5. To whom was WFB dedicated to (I know it's not a rules related question but I'm feeling a bit cheeky:))

Mivrash Faz
Let us see how many of these I can get even close to right on.
After all I did say I don't know jack about warhammer before 5th ed.

1 I should imagine back then it was randomized 1-3/4-6.  Or maybe more favorably 1-4 enemy 5-6 friendly.  This is a shot in the dark.

2 I do believe it started out as 9 stats WS, BS, S, T, I, A, W, M, LD.  Latter on Movement was removed as one of the stats.

3Going by what I was exposed to in Mordheim as my only example, a character or unit that had that rule was subject to stupidity, but could ignore fear and panic.  I seem to vaguely recall something about fear and terror being vastly different so terror would not be something you could ignore.  Another shot in the dark.

4 I imagine it was 4?

5 I cheated a tad on this one and went to wiki for help.  I could not find a solid answer so I will just go with a guess.

Reaper? After more digging around I will go with Michael Moorcock, but that feels wrong because that was found to be a dedicated to him for the role playing game not the table top game.

Geist:

what is 4chan?

torn
A dark terrible evil that one should never tread upon.

Bloodbeard:

what is 4chan?

torn
A forum for easy image sharing, organized into lots of categories.

Geist:

Do you answer miniature specific questions?

Herby
I can but try.

Mivrash Faz:

Mivrash Faz

Geist
Hey Geist,

In 1st edition WFB

Geist
Let us see how many of these I can get even close to right on.
After all I did say I don't know jack about warhammer before 5th ed.

Hello Geist,
I know questions about 1st edition were a bit obscure.
Here are the answers.

1 I should imagine back then it was randomized 1-3/4-6.  Or maybe more favorably 1-4 enemy 5-6 friendly.  This is a shot in the dark.

Normally this is not allowed, but if both players agree to allow it then a d6 is rolled, and 1-3 enemy unit is hit, 4-6 friendly unit is hit.

2 I do believe it started out as 9 stats WS, BS, S, T, I, A, W, M, LD.  Latter on Movement was removed as one of the stats.

Actually there were 12 stats divided into Fighting Characteristics and Personal Characteristics
FC: M WS BS S T W I A
PC: Ld Int Cl WP

3Going by what I was exposed to in Mordheim as my only example, a character or unit that had that rule was subject to stupidity, but could ignore fear and panic.  I seem to vaguely recall something about fear and terror being vastly different so terror would not be something you could ignore.  Another shot in the dark.

Alcoholism was one of my favourite rules back in the day.
Basically there were creatures that were subject to alcoholism, as detailed in the Bestiary. Prior to the battle a d6 was rolled and on a 6 the unit has been boozing. Once it was established that a Character or unit had been drinking, 2d6 was rolled and if the result was equal to or less than the WP of the unit/character then they has managed to stay sober. If the roll is failed the unit/character is totally drunk. 2d6 minus WP is taken away from each of the characteristics on the creature's profile, but not below 1.
The unit or character couldn't march past any source of alcohol (inn, pub, brewery etc) If they moved to within 4" of any source of booze they had to stop and "investigate", unless involved in hand to hand combat. Should there be alcohol present, randomly determined by % roll, or a d6 roll the unit will spend the rest of the turn drinking and 1 more point is removed from their charcteristics. If S or T falls below 1 they are removed from the battle.
I remember my friend bringing units of giants to a game and in order to level the field a bit I placed an empty beer can in the middle of the table which was meant to represent a Brewery. As I recall he lost half of his giants and I didn't fire a shot:cheers

4 I imagine it was 4?

Actually it was 12. 3 spells per level.

5 I cheated a tad on this one and went to wiki for help.  I could not find a solid answer so I will just go with a guess.

Reaper?  After more digging around I will go with Michael Moorcock, but that feels wrong because that was found to be a dedicated to him for the role playing game not the table top game.

Phil Barker (aka M.A.R. Barker) Dan Featherstone and Michael Moorcock.

A slave for your efforts

Geist:

I have tried to id this in various ways and forms. I sadly have no answer this time.

Bloodbeard:

Too bad. Thanks for investigation.

Herby
I know what that is - bad paintjob though.

torn:

I thought it was the warhamster of chaos?