[Archive] I was right about it all!

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Some of you my no one of my old theards including why GW hasn’t made a moive including WH

But now i have some news

Hey folks!

Just got back from LA Gamesday. It was, of course, a good time to be had by all. I thought the 40K Big Game was a little weak this year, but there were some very good club tables and the Golden Daemon entries were top-notch.

The seminars didn’t really break any new ground on the rumors front with a few exceptions:

- Phil Kelly confirmed he is working on Planetstrike, but he does not have any confirmations for the timeline

- The Valkyrie is (supposedly) still a possibility, but not definite. Phil said there are no technical problems with doing it, due to the scanning technology they now have, but there is a question of whether it would be worth putting into production.

- A 40K scenario book is being considered by GW. There’s been thought about releasing a compendium of additional missions and possibly some campaign materal, but no work has yet begun.

HOWEVER, by far the biggest rumor came from the Black Library presentation. An audience member asked if BL had ever considered doing any screen-plays, shorts, etc. The presenter had a long pause, then replied with something to the effect of “Well, hypothetically, there could maybe be a direct to DVD release of some kind of CGI movie with Ultramarines next year. Maybe.” The long and short of it was there is clearly some kind of direct to DVD, CGI 40K movie that is in progress, though the presenter placed massive stress on the fact that it was still not a sure thing and that he could not promise the release date, much less the fact that it would actually be completed (as reflected by anyone that remembers Exile Films’ with Bloodquest).

It should be noted that the presenter also said that neither THQ nor the company that did the cutscenes for Dawn of War are involved, but that the movie would be “to that level of quality.”

Rather interesting, no?

Warseer
so then this my mean that GW will have some motion picture fame :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Would have been better had they confirmed Chaos Dwarfs. I’m all for movies if it brings GW extra revenue.

minty:

I’m in for a movie if it makes them profit, as they re-invest profit into armies if they have any spare income…which means CDs:)

Hashut’s Blessing:

Good to hear they’re considering it, but I’d have thought a Fantasy based film would sell more to the general public (as opposed to just us players) and that having it on the big screen too might help.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah…get Ray harrihausen to do it in Stop Motion! :smiley:

Or do one to rival Lord Of The Rings!

Ghrask Dragh:

Minty makes a good point, anything that makes GW money could be good for Chaos Dwarfs so I hope it’s a big success :cheers

Kera foehunter:

lol what ever!!! thats all we need is movies!!

just give us a cd list

Tarrakk Blackhand:

No…BIG MOVIE!!! BIG MOVIE!!!

Chaos Dwarfs are on the Online Warhammer Video Game…at least the’re in some digi-format!

Viskar Zhragoth:

Well, lets hope it make more money than Inquisitor…(for those who don’t know, it was a dvd package of a few movies that studios and gaming companies had made…basically a couple of commercials, an into done cgi(to a game that never existed) and Inquisitor, a very short 40k movie.)) They put it on DVD back a few years ago. (Actually wished they put it back out again…)

But they could probably make a littel dough at it…so then we could see some more minis…

I hope they make a ton of it if they release it (as well as Warhammer Online) so then they can have enough money to redo an entire army…full of new uber goodness…Hashut!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Would be nice to have a Warhammer game like the Age Of Empires series as well.

One where you can design your own maps, scenarios, etc.

But HEY! I’m only dreaming!

Willmark:

GW has some great fluff (duh right?) they could early make several good movies.

Merchant:

A CGI Movie from GW - like RE: Degeneration from Capcom :slight_smile: yeahhhh thats an idea I like

Like Willmark said they couldn’t run out of idea’s

But as a suggestion what would you like it to be about?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Simple!

Good VS Evil! :smiley:

Merchant:

If warhammer: Maybe the story of Sigmar, and Valten - from born to his fall in the Storm of Chaos.

if 40K: a kind of allied good vs evil story.

Hopefully they might do SoC and give it a well deserving good ending :rolleyes:

WarplockMonkey:

Why why WHY do they ALWAYS haveto do Space Marines?

Personally, i think they should make a movie version of the Warhammer Online Trailer…i mean…that took my breath away!

Damn them!

- Warplock