[Archive] Iamahobgoblins 2nd Army

gIL^:

those are some crazy great weapons.

blood axe http://www.bwbits.com/ buy bits

Doombeard:

the chaos warriors boxed set comes with around 20 helmets and only 12 warriors so i tend to use these . the regiment sets retail at around �15 on ebay so the helmets work out at 1.30 each but you get all the weapons and extra chaos bits you need. only problem is youre left with hundreds of chaos warrior bodies . the arms are dwarf arms with the hands cut off and replaced at the wrist with chaos warrior weapons which come with the hand/ glove bit allready attached

Doombeard:

just saw the link - thats stores great i will use that in future

gIL^:

yea its pretty good for bfsp, i have about 300 goblins,

so your models are basically? dwarf warrior bodies, chaos helms and green stuff beards?

btw can you post picks of your older army please?

BLOOD AXE:

Thanks for the tips guys. I really appreciate it. I’ll probably just buy a box of Chaos warriors though. $9 for 8 heads doesnt seem worth it to me. I can get a whole box of Warriors for $26.50.

Doombeard:

most of my recent stuff is in this link http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff123/jamiemac_01/

yeah and you get all the banners , icons spikey bits and weapons you need

gIL^:

well bw bits works out cheaper for us in the uk

hat fanatic:

very very nice i bought 30 bases from the same shop about 2 weeks ago and

i can’t wait till I get them!!!

anyway as usual great army but i would like to see some clearer pictures so i can see the details.

Kera foehunter:

wow thats a great army thanks for the detail on the lava base

Doombeard:

ill take some better pics soon am pretty close to finishing now all the basecoats are down and im halfway through the finishing bit hope to have them finished by tomorrow/thursday

im considering chopping the helmets down a bit and making a few final changes like that have to see how it goes amd if i get time try to make a few changes to the blunderbusses like spikey bits skulls added and maybe add those bits to the end of the guns . anyway heres a look at the flames - i tried sculpting a more detailed flame in more of a 3d shape but i gave up after 2 attempts and just opted for the shape you can see in the pics . it looks ok tho still needs a little paint work to finish it . again sorry for awful pics

hat fanatic:

that looks pretty darn nice i actually really like the flames basic but cool.

anyway the bases arrived today. hooray! and i just wanted to know what colour build up you used for the bases.:wink:

Kera foehunter:

wow thats COOL. I LIKE THE CENTAURS AND THE COOL FLYING BULL

Doombeard:

its a mix of blood red and scab red and fiery orange . ill put up some pics of the various stages. im not sure if they look bright enough i might add to them yet not sure want to see how they hold up in some test photos i plan to take over the weekend and post here

hat fanatic:

yeah. I was thinking going brighter for mine, but it suits this army very well because of the red on all of the chaos dwarfs.

Arlon:

love the flames

Doombeard:

after an all nighter on friday ive finished this one now, will take some test pics in the morning and post here sunday afternoon

Doombeard:

ok so i took some test shots and realised there were a few changes to make , one or two things needed completing and i did some extra work , mainly on the blunderbusses to make them look more chaosy added spikes to helmets from the chaos warriors sprues and added some cut down skulls to their beards as well.

finally i decided the movement trays and bases looked too dark so i added another drybrush layer of skull white amd lightened up the bases with two extra layers of fiery orange , one watered down fiery orange / blood red 3:1:3 and one just f. orange to make them a bit more livid and bright. i also cant decide on whether to use a black floor or white floor in my pix still deciding, if anyone has an ideas or feedback on which they prefer would be helpful!

Doombeard:

Xander:

Awesome work man!

Not sure about those snot projectiles though… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well done!

Pyro Stick:

Awesome work. The white is a cool idea. The bull centaurs blend with their bases a bit much though…