[Archive] Iamahobgoblins 2nd Army

Doombeard:

fiery snot of death! yeah i agree that was one thing i tried to correct by adding some more layers to the lava, to make it a bit more contrasty . i have the final pics here and its on ebay now , ill show you some

Kera foehunter:

Omg those are the coolest lava bases. i also like the white helments on your cd warriors

Doombeard:

these pics show the changes i made to the blunderbusses , and the bases . i will put up a showcase thread soon to show all the finished work

Doombeard:

i just stole the ideas for white armour from chris aubins army / aublars army in the main gallery section on here have a look if you havent seen it before its really unique! infact i pretty much stole all my ideas from this forum so i cant take credit!

Kera foehunter:

i know what you mean i’m getting some cool idea too

wallacer:

The overall effect of those lava bases is spectacular.

Doombeard:

theyre cool arent they, thanks to the unlucky sprocket to those !

Khan!:

The army looks great!��Lava bases are cool, great taurus is neat too although I dunno about the fireballs…��I can’t help but notice that you nicked my hero-on-foot conversion though!��For shame!��Nah just kidding, it’s pretty much a really good idea if I do say so myself, so it’s all good :wink:

Triton:

I love the army as well, and couldn’t resist looking on ebay to see how much. Good luck on the auction.

Xander:

This deserves a medal, how many points is that?

gIL^:

nice but arnt you asking a bit much? you could get the 4th ed metal counterparts for that price

Kera foehunter:

Wow the great work you put in your army . I don’t even have one yet and you have 3

that great!!! Maybe i will have one army when you get to your 4th i love your work

Willmark:

Fiery Snotty death balls! Love it! Good luck on selling it.

Doombeard:

gil - the last one sold for 450 and this one is a bit better i reckon so im asking 500 for it. true you could get an orginal army for that price but their are two main differences - 1 it hasnt been painted by me and 2 its the same as about a million other armies whereas this one is a bit special.

xander - its a 2000 point army , my other wip was a 2000 point one too and its nearly finished so i was going to put them both up together as a 4000 army in the showcase section over the next few days

kera - i sell my armies on ebay so i dont actually have one of my own at the moment . i dont get a lot of time to play so i just paint i find it relaxing ! i will make an army of my own next year sometime if i get a chance.

im currently working on some wood elf armies so these two chaos dwarf ones will be the last from me for a while

gIL^:

recently ive seen more chaos dwarf converted armies such as yours than the 4th edition ones on battlefields due to price point, and then stating “it hasnt been painted by me”, is a bit stuck up in my opinion,

im not trolling, im just stating

Doombeard:

i meant you are buying a pre painted army as opposed to one thats unpainted ! im not blowing my own trumpet ! and i understand there must be a lot of similar armies out there but the beauty is this way no one army is the same . like i said before my last army which was poorer in terms of painting sold for 450 so i think a slightly better one is worth a tiny bit more. put yourself in my shoes, if youd spent a few weeks full time painting an army which cost around 200 to put together youd expect to earn some extra for your efforts! if you want to see something that really doesnt make sense check this link out ! the guys here just dip their stuff it probably took a day or two to paint the whole thing http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250185519263&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

Kera foehunter:

Well i hope you saved your skills when you decide to make your owen c d army . cant wait to see that one

Doombeard:

looks like gil was right it didnt sell for the price i asked , and maybe ending it at 10pm on a monday night wasnt a great move either! it was frustrating because over 40 people were watching it but none bidded . in view of that im going to auction it off at a start price of 100 and see what happens. ive also decided to modify the helmets to make them look more like my fav chaos dwarf conversions which can be seen on cool mini or not http://www.coolminiornot.com/142797

AGPO:

How long does it take you to complete an army? If I could make that much just by indulging my hooby I would. Good luck with the auction

Doombeard:

i dunno the last two have taken around 3 weeks . it depends on if im lucky enough to have everything i need from the start or if i have to get it in drips and drabs . in the case of the last two armies - i went out and spent around 400/500 on everything i needed and had it all ready and just blitzed it all for a week or two . after you subtract the cost of the minis, materials etc its really not that much youre actually making , for the total amount of time spent - its usually less than you wold get for a weeks wages working minimum wage