[Archive] Iamahobgoblins 3rd Army update 29/11/07 new pics

Doombeard:

heres a brief tutorial on how i painted the lava bases

STEP 1 started with a base coat of either scab red or red gore either is good , in this case its scab red over a chaos black undercoat - the paint pot next to it shows the next colour i added to give ou an idea of contrast

STEP 2 add a little blood red to a scab red mix and water it down scab red:blood red: water 2:1:2 and paint it on in areas you want to be brighter such as rises or edges

STEP 3 water down blood red about half and half and add some more to the highlights to build them up watering down your paints is the most important bit here because it helps blend them in , dont be afraid to water it down loads and paint it over a few times until youre happy with it

STEP 4 water down a blood red mix with a tiny dab of fiery orange to it to lighten it and apply this carefully to your highlights being careful to leave the layers beneath it still showing in places to look something like this

STEP 5 keep adding tiny amounts of fiery orange to your mix and build up the highlights

STEP 6 you should have something like this , its not finished but gives you an idea of how they build up looks . to finish it i would add more of these same highlights in places because theres too much dark red, and finish it off with a watered down fiery orange put very carefully in one or two places with a less watered down fiery orange as a final highlight in tiny amounts

to finish off the rocks just use a drybrush . i put codex grey on and then skull white but skull white works fine on its own depends how deep you want to get the look .

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Fantastic looking army. My hat goes off to your work! :hat off

I also donate a slave to help you with the upcoming work ^^

Doombeard:

thankyou mr cinderhat my hat goes off to you for your work too !

Kera foehunter:

Thank you very much Iamahobgoblin i needed some help on lava bases this is too cool