[Archive] Idea for All

Hashut’s Blessing:

I had a group interview at Manchester Central GW on Friday (I was applying for the Chester store, but everyone in the interview had to go there for this) and they asked us to first of all convert some old Space Wolves into dead space marines (which was fun, but they wanted to use them on their table, so we didn’t get to keep them) for the first half and the second half was to choose one or more products and create events to try to sell them, with secondary sales being easy to apply to it (after which, I had to wait two hours for my feedback and they essentially said I wasn’t enthusiastic enough about Warhammer, hahahahahaha. Short story, didn’t get the job…). Well, I chose the battalions and battleforce box sets, creating what I termed Moon of Mayhem (for 40k, it could be based on a moon as well), but it is effectively a competition based entirely about those boxes. Each entrant buys one and makes and paints what was predetermined to be their core army (which was set out, such as Necrons used just the Necron Warriors, the Space Marines used all of the Tactical Marines and the Assault Squad, the Eldar used the Guardians, Heavy Weapons Platform and War Walker) for the first weekend. They would then play a game: if they win, they drop some models (Necrons lose 8 warriors to make 2 10 man squads, the Space Marines lose the Assault Squad, the Eldar lose the War Walker and Heavy Weapons Platform, but get the Dire Avengers) to make it a little more difficult to win, providing a challenge. If you lose, you can another unit (SM get Scouts, Eldar get DA, Necrons get scarab swarms). The new unit can be built and painted for the next weekend, where the next game is played and the same rules apply (SM would gain the rhino or lose 5 men, Eldar would gain the Wave Serpent or lose the Dire Avengers

snowblizz:

Not enthusiastic enough?

Shouldn’t “I am a moderator on CDO” automatically qualify as “too enthusiastic for their own good, admit immediately”?

Willmark:

They wouldn’t know enthusiastic if it bit them on the ass…

Hashut’s Blessing:

Hahaha, thanks for the support guys and I was a little surprised to see that that was their reasoning why. Anyhow, what do people of think of this idea? Would you recommend it to your gaming groups etc?

Perturabo:

Perhaps they meant “does not show required enthusiasm for selling Space Marines”?

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’m quite sure I showed enthusiasm for killing them. There were 6 people (myself included) on my table and they were asking me for help on the converting and ideas side all over… Hey, you can sell SM for people to kill them and have them on their bases, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. Not that I mind people chatting about it, but this thread wasn’t originally intended to be saying “GW didn’t give me a job”, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

snowblizz:

I'm quite sure I showed enthusiasm for killing them. There were 6 people (myself included) on my table and they were asking me for help on the converting and ideas side all over... Hey, you can sell SM for people to kill them and have them on their bases, lol :P

P.S. Not that I mind people chatting about it, but this thread wasn't originally intended to be saying "GW didn't give me a job", lol :P

Hashut's Blessing
Well, that was the most interesting part really. ;)

It does sound like a reasonable way to go really. Feeling less inclined to help GW sell nowadays though. Possibly more workable in 40k than WHFB though.

I might consider predefining the set up though. Sort of like BfM, give it a story.

Hashut’s Blessing:

If that’s the most interesting part, by all means, chat away :wink:

I too am less inclined to help them sell, but I still thought it’s good for those that have themselves and a group of their regular opponents ending up with battalions/battleforces for Christmas. I’m not sure as to why you think it would be more workable in 40k than it would Fantasy. I can understand it being easier for either than LotR/WotR of course.

Give it a story, by all means, but this was a basis for the rules, lol :smiley: I thought, considering the name, that it could be fighting over a moon: not strategic enough to send an entire army or any super powerful individuals (HQs/Characters), but enough to send a small task force.

Thorne:

Perhaps they looked at your space marrines and considered them perhaps too ‘dead’ for there usual line of school leavers or ex military types that seam somehow to get the staff jobs ?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Yep. Too creative for my own good :wink:

EDIT: It’d amuse me a great deal if I’d just left school, joined the military and quit, lol :smiley: