[Archive] Idea: Playing Immortals as black orcs?

Joshmohr:

Should we use Immortals as black orcs?

I think it sounds like a good idea.

Loki:

sounds like a good idea to me seeing as i have just finished some of my immortals :slight_smile:

Xander:

It’s certainly an option. You’ll need some sort of basing solution to make it work. :slight_smile:

Ubertechie:

Yes - biggest stretch is the movement issue - putting them on bigger bases as Xander suggests (or on a 20 -25mm up-sizing movement tray could help a lot) - just want to be super clear to your opponent about what they are and the fact that they have different stats to normal dwarfs (faster movement and lower leadership etc etc)

Hazkar:

i think it wouldnt work

like ubertechie wrote the stats are way to different

if you use normal dwarf rules the ironbreakers(is this what they are called in english?) coulb be immortals

dedwrekka:

Just doesn’t seem to mesh well. The only similarities between the Black Orcs stats and equipment and how Immortals are portrayed is that the Black Orcs can have great weapons. Immortals are better armored, have higher leadership, normal movement for dwarfs, and aren’t portrayed as being particularly stronger than an average dwarf. In fact, they come off as the perfect mirror of Ironbreakers.

Swissdictator:

Just doesn't seem to mesh well. The only similarities between the Black Orcs stats and equipment and how Immortals are portrayed is that the Black Orcs can have great weapons. Immortals are better armored, have higher leadership, normal movement for dwarfs, and aren't portrayed as being particularly stronger than an average dwarf. In fact, they come off as the perfect mirror of Ironbreakers.

dedwrekka
I agree with you for the most part, though I see them a combination of Hammerers and Ironbreakers. Take the stubborn and bodyguard concept and add that possibly (one or both). That is how I see the Immortals.

alex:

whats an immortal? like an elite?

Ubertechie:

Alex they are referenced in Grudge Bearer (a warhammer novel written by Gav Thorpe) and are described as chaos dwarf warrior elite wearing heavy armour with stone plates on it and wielding great weapons. They go toe to toe with a unit of Ironbreakers and only retire when they are at risk of being flanked.

Kera foehunter:

so if they where to be out flank first they would not go to battle ??

Joshmohr:

Honestley, i feel like Immortals would have to have some sort of mount…

Theory_Man:

Maybe Chaos Dwarf Berserkers instead? The additional movement justified by their lust to be at the enemy quicker. After all, we dwarfs are natural sprinters, very dangerous over short distances.

Thommy H:

Put a Hero in the unit. That solves the movement issue (they’re limited to his Move of 3), and the Leadership issue (they use his Ld of 10).

I wouldn’t do it myself, but it’s just a thought.

CheTralfara:

The movement issue could also be explained as being the “Mark of Hashut”. I would figure that Hashut would honor them with a trait in an area they are lacking… That would be movement.

Then you could also explain the low leadership as being the result of a stone cold silence they are bound to, or committed to uphold… It could have something to do with a loss of (or mutated) voice box as a side effect from the gifts that entail being the “chosen” of Hashut.

Thommy H:

Or just put a Hero in the unit.