[Archive] ideas for K'daai Destroyers

Blackspine:

Ahoy.

I’m looking for ideas for a K’daai conversion.

Right now I’m looking at the following.

This beast, without wings.

A bane tarus with magma painted/drilled out

A ghorgon mixed with a “soul grinder” for a half and half monstrosity.

Not sure if the demon is too ‘demony’ or without wings it’d have the commanding presence I’d desire.

Thoughts?

Goltor Lintrepide:

The Krull would make a perfect Destroyer but it’s a little bit pricy.
Also, I’d like to see a ghorgon mixed with a soul grinder, could be nice.
Have you think maybe using the new Maulerfiend and adding some flames on it?
Anyways, all of them seems better than what we are suppose to get as the official Destroyer.

Murdock129:

A blood maw on that same Banebeasts site seems like a good one

beefcake:

I bought the Chronopia Abyss Crawler. But I reckon those new 40K CSM fiends would do the job very well. I like the ideas you have too. Especially the Souldgrinder cenversion.

Marduk:

I used the Ogre Stonehorn and used green stuff to modify the head to resemble a bull’s head.

I agree with Yawarakaimatsuka that the Maulerfiend would make a nice Destroyer.

You can also check the Gallery for conversions that others have made.

MLP:

Balrog with clipped wings(or not) is an easy and nice looking Destroyer, that’s what I plan on doing if I don’t get the official one.

rpitts2004:

I have two "destroyers right now, I have a chimera and a Stonehorn. I am thinking of getting the trollblood mountain king from privateer press. Because that thing is just amazing. and it’s very very large. Looks better than the FW WIP

Blackspine:

Looks better than the FW WIP

rpitts2004
what doesn't?

Skink:

Looks better than the FW WIP

rpitts2004
what doesn't?

Blackspine
+1. Actually, +1000000.

Stiglitz:

Anyone already thought about the new Chaos Space Marine Flyer? A mechanical dragon - I think, it would fit very good.

Of course, without wings.

Blackspine:

Hrm, I’m leaning towards the giant demon a bit, as it’s easy for the first and can act as a great canvas for paint.

the ultraforge one is also amazing,

The Ghorgon I have is from MPG, a resin. I bought it when there was NO sculpt for the gorgon…which was a period of 2-3 years. I have a second one that I’m tempted to paint the mane with flames and iron blades…which will be fun. If I did convert it, I’d have to do something besides just add soulgrinder legs… I’d like to make it some sort of crocodile, and have no idea what model(s) to go with.

Nor am I terribly interested in an in depth scuplting project.

though I could just paint a my-little pony with flames.

Skink:

I don’t know if somebody already suggested it but what about the new Chaos Space Marine Maulerfiend? Give him hooves and a bull head. Job done.

delivern:

Here’s mine.  The only good thing to come out of the LOTR line.

JMR:

I don't know if somebody already suggested it but what about the new Chaos Space Marine Maulerfiend? Give him hooves and a bull head. Job done.

Skink
I'm working on one in my blog. See the link in my signature. The kit actually comes with a pair of hooves.

Stiglitz:

I agree with the maulerfiend. Looks very approbiate… Better than the dragon…

How big is it?

rpitts2004:

Imagine this with more red and flame effects for anyone who hasn’t seen this in person it’s Massive!

Kera foehunter:

omg !!! that’s a pay check destroyer to…

Mad Dave:

That looks Aweeeeeessssssssssome

CopperPot:

Where did you get that thing.

rpitts2004:

Where did you get that thing.

CopperPot
Troll blood mountain king from privateer press aka war machine :hat off