[Archive] If you have to go count as

Willmark:

I was specfically thinking about how best to represent slayers if one has to do a count as and use the dwarf AB.

Best solution I can come up with is dwarf beserkers ala the 3rd edition days. Now the best use for figures is the question: I’m of the mind that slayers would have to be the starting point. Unfortunate as actual 3rd edition models would be the first choice. But as anyone who has been following the marketplace forum can tell you: they don’t come up that often nor have they been cheap as of late. Question is how to modify them in terms of appearance. Simply painting them dark colors wont be enough I’m thinking.

So, mutations?
Simply add fangs?
Robes and make the

Kera foehunter:

well i  think these doomslayer would be better ! you can make put mask on them and they look more like the hell canon guys

Ps there a lot on e bay going cheep

Willmark:

Not a bad idea. I hadn’t considered those guys. I’m thinking that if any unit would need mutations in the chaos dwarf army these guys would be it! Or a count as chaos dwarf unit of slayers would need to be like these guys…

wallacer:

Some Rackham Dwarfs might do the trick.

They don’t tend to wear a great deal of armour.

Willmark:

The only reason (for me anyways) would be if I’m playing at a GW tourney. Most anytime I’m playing amongst friends using the actual cd army list isnt a problem.

And if thats the case then there go the rackham models what with GWs restriction on models fon other manufacturers. :wink:

wallacer:

Ah, I see.

Yes, in that case the old 3rd edition Norse Dwarfs/Berserkers/slayer-looking CD might be your best bet (unless you feel like converting regular slayers).

It’ll be interesting to see how many people at the tournament are old enough to actually realise they are GW figures :wink:

cornixt:

The old berserkers became the slayers, the same models seem to be used for both.

I use the normal current Dwarf slayers myself, filed off the dwarf icons, painted them black and runic tattoos all over their bodies.

Kera foehunter:

well willmark i went back to a slayer site im a member of and remember this .One of my pirate buddy cut the hair of a slayer to make them look like berskers this might help you.

Willmark:

It'll be interesting to see how many people at the tournament are old enough to actually realize they are GW figures ;)

wallacer
Too true, too true.
well willmark i went back to a slayer site im a member of and remember this .One of my pirate buddy cut the hair of a slayer to make them look like berskers this might help you.

Kera foehunter
Now that is what I'm talking about there Kera. Those kick Major @ss!

Ghrask Dragh:

I was going to try and use those Doomseekers as warriors a while back, but I couldn’t find any anywhere!

Ps there a lot on e bay going cheep

Kera
could I get a link please?

Balseraph:

Actually my first CD figures are Slayers conwersion. I buy Slayers command group and conwerse them. For me looks good. Like I wrote in the another post I put their photo after I finish paint them (2-3 days). Maybe u will like it.

Willmark:

Great! Can’t wait to see them!

Kera foehunter:

well Willmark you have to get one of these blood bowl slayers

this is to cool not to have one  

GRNDL:

I think that a Chaos Dwarf berserker might be best served with his beard dreadlocks becoming weapons themselves - as he twirls and spins around his dreadlocks fly out lacerating his enemies with the blades and things tied to them. Or you could take beard armour plates and make them into similar weapons.

Grimstonefire:

I’ve done a fair bit of work on CD Berserkers fluff and rules wise (in my sig).  Anyway, here was the artwork I did.

Doogle:

Interesting.

You could always convert up the slayers and give them black hair, masks an etc.

You could say that they are like, a roving tribe of more feral dwarfs that have fallen to the worship of the chaos gods, mainly khorne of course. Maybe they have been taken for experimentation or as slaves by their Hashut worshipping cousins.