[Archive] If you were to start a new army..?

Willmark:

Ancient Battles has an appeal to me as well Wallacer. Only problem is the only figs I love for these are Perry minis. Which would mean a crap load of online ordering as well as Shippig and Handling costs.

D’dos Croizii:

Balkan Themed Kislevites or Dogs of War with the Kislevites as the main troop choice with Ogres for some hitting power.

Kera foehunter:

Well the lizzard army looks cool .

Pyro Stick:

I'd do a Warhammer Ancient Battles army.��A proper ancient one like Hittites or Assyrians (as opposed to my current meidieval Teutonic Knights one).

wallacer
I think i would do the same but Romans or Troy era ,Chariots and Hoplites cool:hat

Canix
You do know that the Hittities anre mentioned in the film Troy? Which suggests they are from the same era.

Definatley going to start a chaos army after seeing Khans showcase (and after just buying archaon on foot)

wallacer:

You do know that the Hittities anre mentioned in the film Troy?

Pyro Stick
Tbh, humans have been living in Asia minor for so long it becomes different to tell the periods of occupation apart (Celts, Greeks, Hittites, Turks). There was so much inter-breeding that in reality a lot of them are probably pretty much the same people but under a different name.

WAB Medieval (roughly the fall of Rome to just before the Renaissance) covers the Late Byzantine era in Anatolia through to the early era of Turkish rule. Hittites would predate that.

Willmark:

I’ve got the age of Chivalry sourcebook for Warhammer Histroical. If i was ever going to pick and army it would be English- Hundred Years war period. Henry V kicked much ass, especially the French… :slight_smile:

AGPO:

Ancient Battles has an appeal to me as well Wallacer. Only problem is the only figs I love for these are Perry minis. Which would mean a crap load of online ordering as well as Shippig and Handling costs.

Willmark
The Perrys are very reasonable about this type of thing, and will only charge you cost for shipping and may discount a large enough order. When I dealt with them minis arrived practically the next day

Cotter:

For me, it woud be peasant heavy bretonnians. I actually have some of those poor men-at-arms converted into recently deceased zombies, I have a bunch of “black knights”-of-the-realm, and I�m thinking about getting this army to 2000p for tournament use.

2 Units of Zombie Men-at-arms

2 units of Bowmen-at-arms

a trebuchet (some kind of corpse katapult)

3 lances of knights of the realm (mostly undead)

3 pegasus knight on vampire bats

some heroes (perhaps using a winged nightmare as hippogriff)

(The rest of my vamps look hideous, a friend of mine did a really awful paintjob on those, and i am sick of spoiling my tournament ratings due to bad painting…)

Kera foehunter:

sorry to here that cotter

Arlon:

for 40k id go with tau and pick up a manta

ashur:

Anyone know “Wargames foundry”? They made good historical figures from a lot of civilisations.

51la5:

A clan pestilence themed skaven army or a blood dragon vampire count army they both appeal to me but I would probably go for the skaven.

AGPO:

Hmm, I think I would want a themed army. Kislev dogs of war, “living” Khemri or finish those uncompleted Mousillon Bretonians I was working on a while back