[Archive] IG unit update

RichardC1967:

only some minor details left like beards, bases, weapon highlights and banner icon. Pardon my messy painting style , but thats as good as it gets…I really don’t like spending many hours on each miniature, unless its a character or a large monster type…and even then I get bored quickly and just want to finish it.I wanted to do the weapons in a glowing green theme, but couldn’t seem to get them to look right, so I’m just doing a dark silver metallic with a lighter silver drybrush…

Samanos:

I like the conversions although some of the weapons seem a bit too large for the dwarfs to carry (see second picture where the back guys carry some huge choppas), but it doesnt look bad.

As for the painting style they seem like they are father nurgle worshippers with that brass-green combination. not bad.

I would paint the shield emblem green as well.

PS are you going with purple beards or is it a basecoat for red (purple ftw !!! :))

Karring:

That standard needs a rune!!

Awesome unit anyway

RichardC1967:

That standard needs a rune!!

Awesome unit anyway

Karring
I was gonna put the "Stronghold" rune on the banner once I'm completely finished and satisfied with the unit..other than the runes in the Tamurkhan book , do you know of any other sources of CD runes that are available..the choices seem kinda limited.

RichardC1967:

I like the conversions although some of the weapons seem a bit too large for the dwarfs to carry (see second picture where the back guys carry some huge choppas), but it doesnt look bad.
As for the painting style they seem like they are father nurgle worshippers with that brass-green combination. not bad.
I would paint the shield emblem green as well.

PS are you going with purple beards or is it a basecoat for red (purple ftw !!! :))

Samanos
I was gonna go with reddish/yellow beards but purple sounds interesting...mmmm, and a green theme would look good with the bronze/green patina look of the armor..we'll see..I'll do a few test models with the green and purple combination. The huge wweapons were supposed to represent the enscorcelled weapons of the Ironsworn, I was gonna do a green/warpstone glow look on them but just couldn't get the color to look right.

RichardC1967:

just need to finish the bases and maybe a few details here and there

G.2:

That is one LARGE unit. I would hate to be facing that unit on the games table.

RichardC1967:

G.2
its only 30 CD's...:o

Kera foehunter:

Great job on th banner… Troops look great too

Karring:

G.2
its only 30 CD's...:o

RichardC1967
"Only"...

Nice banner, go on!

RichardC1967:

ok finished the unit here are updated pics

evilskull52:

Beautiful, just beautiful

RichardC1967:

Beautiful, just beautiful

evilskull52
Thanks... you're too kind

RichardC1967:

Thanks for the positive remarks…I’m not the greatest and most patient painter in the world, I was trying to get a dark,gothic look to the troops, I wanted them to look like they are sooty and dingy from the ash and smoke that covers their land, and not a cleaned and polished look like they are on parade.The bases are supposed to represent a white/grey ashy ground, but I may have added a bit too much white(I was trying to get the cooled charcoal look ,like after you cook out on the grill and all that’s left is coal residue,if that makes any sense). I’m sure CD’s get tired of walking around on top of rocks immersed in Lava all the time, so I went a different direction…:cheers