[Archive] imahobgoblins ebay store comments please?

Doombeard:

check it out my store is up and running

feedback will be helpful on design. layout, pricing etc

the prices are quite high (only slightly less that essexgirls and warhammer crazys but i am offering discounts to cdo and hoh people )

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iamahobgoblin

Canix:

The prices are high but i suppose you dont want TWSNBN stocking up from you store i may just sell excess on hoh and cdo as it comes in

Thommy H:

Um…I hate to say it, but what was the point in you buying up all this stock then if you’re still selling it at prices which are too high?

You might offer us discounts, but that’s not much help to the other Chaos Dwarf collectors who aren’t members of either forum and who are now probably annoyed that there’s another ebay shop buying up Chaos Dwarf stock and selling it back to them for too much.

Doombeard:

its still cheaper than the other 2 and hopefully they will be forced to cut their prices and as they do i will cut mine

you have to remember i am charged 10% on all listings

so i think 3.15 for a hobgoblin warrior is pretty fair and 3.30 for a c d warrior is also fair

be happy someone is doing something about lowering prices ! instead of just moaning all the time !

Thommy H:

its still cheaper than the other 2 and hopefully they will be forced to cut their prices and as they do i will cut mine
Why would they? If anything, you're encouraging them to keep their prices the same by charging roughly the same amount. You're no more competing with them than the rest of ebay.
you have to remember i am charged 10% on all listings

so i think 3.15 for a hobgoblin warrior is pretty fair and 3.30 for a c d warrior is also fair
So why are essexgirl and Warhammer Crazy's prices not fair by the same token?
be happy someone is doing something about lowering prices ! instead of just moaning all the time !
But you're not!

Forgive my terseness here, but it's incredibly frustrating to see someone come in with good intentions and complain about ebay stores charging too much, only to turn around when they've bought a load of stock and charge the same amount. At the time when you came up with this plan I said that it was unrealistic and that in order to make it worth your while you'd have to charge more than you paid - you claimed that you wouldn't do that because the whole idea was to offer better prices than the sellers we dislike.

But here we are. You're charging the same because of market forces, so why did you bother in the first place? As far as I'm concerned, there's now three ebay stores that charging silly prices for things I might want to buy.

Again, I'm sorry for being so blunt - I know this is a friendly forum and I don't mean to cause arguments - but this is exactly what I said was going to happen. The only way to beat essexgirl and her ilk is by not buying from her; trying to buy up all the stock yourself and sell it at comparable prices is obviously not a solution that is helpful to anyone.

Willmark:

The only solution is to stop buying at such high prices that is the only thing tbat will bring down prices such as SWSNBN. Iamahobgoblin is now experiencing the results of the insane pricing that has been the norm lately.

hal:

I don’t think you’re quoting yourself correctly, you give the price of your items but neglect to mention that shipping is almost the same price of the model in question.

I can appreciate what you’re trying to do and you are cheaper than all those other characters. I’ve all but given up on buying Chaos Dwarfs on ebay.

Willmark:

The attempt is a noble one but as I said before it is doomed to failure for many of the reasons noted above. Many of us warned you of this but you forged ahead anyways. I do wish you luck however.

Pyro Stick:

I dont see any blunderbuss…

And to me the prices look the smae as the essex girls prices.That Blo Thrower is way overpriced. I usually see them go for around �6, even 0.99p once…

Draconis:

Well, this certainly explains why you didn’t want to initiate a trade for the Hobgoblin Champions. :rolleyes:

And sorry man, but I have to agree with them. 7.99 in pounds for one mini, so that’s 16 dollars for me roughly?

Sorry man…but that’s freaking nuts. Extortionate pricing even.

No one in their right mind will pay any of this. No offense intended but this is not a solution to the problem. It only adds to it.

wallacer:

At least he’s renounced communism and embraced the free market.

Personally, I don’t think 4 quid for a CD warrior is unreasonable.

We’ll be paying at least that for new CD warriors if GW release new miniatures.

21 pounds for the bolt thrower sort of made me gag though, I must admit.

Thommy H:

We'll be paying at least that for new CD warriors if GW release new miniatures.
Not if they were plastic - which they would be. I'll pay �3 - �5 for a single character figure, but for rank and file I don't go above �2, and that's my maximum.

The price of characters in iamahobgoblin's shop appears to be �13. Whether they're less expensive than what essexgirl and Warhammer Crazy are selling them for is immaterial if both prices are in excess of what I will pay.

Doombeard:

ALL CDO AND HOH USERS QUALIFY FOR DISCOUNTS AS FOLLOWS

- rank and file 10% off ,

command figures 2 FOR THE PRICE OF 3 footsoldiers

ie x3 HOBGOB WARRIORS AT 3.50 EACH = �10.50 - command models �5.25 each

characters half price so �6.50,

bolt throwers �12.99

on top of all that maybe free postage in certain situations .

@hal - shipping is expensive because i am only protected by paypal if i provide a tracking number and in the uk you have to pay extra for that . to send anything overseas to usa with a tracking number is around �3.50 minimum - if you would prefer to contact me here and get cheaper postage i am fine with this i can still gt a receipt to use as proof of posting for no extra cost .

current 5 day auctions going are for

a lammassu starting at 0.99 a

nd an earthshaker starting at 0.99

and 2 bull centaur no3’s starting at 4.99

@ wallacer & pyro stick - i bought the bolt thrower for around 8/9 pounds it was listed incorrectly as an orc and goblins bolt thrower - i would therefore be happy to sell it for around �12 but i put it up for sale in my shop at 21.99 to avoid having it bought by essexgirl or warhammer crazy

warhammer crazy has already bought hero type 1 from me for 12.99 and im sure he plans to sell it for twice that so you see why i need to list stuff at those prices otherwise they will steal all the good bargains

@ draconis it turned out i had a slightly different champion to the one you wanted - AND AGAIN AS CDO USERS QUALIFY FOR DISCOUNTS you wouldnt have paid so much

and lastly i would like to add within the first 24 hours of my shop opening i have sold around one hundred pounds worth of stuff. the more support i get the cheaper i can make prices , no one ever said it would be easy - or happen overnight but good things come to those who wait .

Thommy H:

warhammer crazy has already bought hero type 1 from me for 12.99 and im sure he plans to sell it for twice that so you see why i need to list stuff at those prices otherwise they will steal all the good bargains
So, again, what was the point?

Hey, good luck to you, but as far as I'm concerned, you're just another ebay store selling Chaos Dwarf stuff that is out of my price range. You can justify it however you want, but it's no different from the very sellers you were trying to foil.

Doombeard:

well my point is for every piece that one of those two buy off me - i can afford to replace them with two more and sell them for less.

no one will pay their prices when they can get stuff cheaper from my shop and eventually everybodys prices will start dropping

my ebay prices arent set in stone - if you see something you would like just make a reasonable offer for it and we can proceed with a mutually beneficial transaction no need to be so defeatist tommy h

Willmark:

I think keeping warhammer crazy and essexgirl away will become an issue eventually.

Thommy H:

Why are you accusing me of being “defeatist” as if I’m part of this with you?

no one will pay their prices when they can get stuff cheaper from my shop
Except your prices are too high anyway. So it doesn’t matter if you’re cheaper than them - if your prices are above a certain cut-off point then I won’t pay it. essexgirl could be charging �100 for one figure and, even if you were charging �50 (which would certainly be a lot less), it would be irrelevant because both prices are still prohibitively expensive.
if you see something you would like just make a reasonable offer for it and we can proceed with a mutually beneficial transaction
No thanks. I wouldn’t deal with you any more than I’d deal with essexgirl.

Canix:

We all have acceptable limits we arbitarily give ourselves on prices we are prepared to pay.I wish you luck but as i said i plan also to sell direct on these sites at about 60% of your prices but probably alot less stock.I would think your prices would be more appealling when combining postage ,only time will tell if this effects the market but i would imagine it will just reduce there sales:D

Willmark:

well my point is for every piece that one of those two buy off me - i can afford to replace them with two more and sell them for less.
no one will pay their prices when they can get stuff cheaper from my shop and eventually everybodys prices will start dropping.

iamahobgoblin
Or it is possible that they buy from you and resell at their usual high prices.

cornixt:

Are you outbidding only essexgirl and Warhammer Crazy or do you outbid other CD fans?