[Archive] Immortals (again)

Grimstonefire:

A slightly different version to normal from me:

IMMORTALS … 18 Pts/ Model

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
3  5  3 4 4 1 2 1 9    Immortal
3  5  3 4 4 1 2 2 9    Eternal
Equipment:  Great Weapon, hand weapon, Stone Armour (4+ AS).

Immune to Fear, Terror and Panic:

After facing the unimaginable perils of the tear in the course of their duties, the horrors of battle will seem far less dangerous to these stone cold warriors.  

Immortals are immune to fear, terror and panic, as described in the Warhammer rulebook.

Cursed Blades:

The great axes the Immortals carry have been thrice cursed by the most unholy of spells, marking all those killed by them for eternal damnation.

The Immortals may re-roll failed to wound rolls.

Thorne:

I admitedly like the fact that you want them to hit hard but im not sure that giving the option for hand weapon/sheild would work too ?

Loki:

Certainly think they need the option to take a shield and rather than re roll to wound how about killing blow ?

Baggronor:

Surely too expensive? :o Would have said 15 max…

Immune to fear, terror and panic isn’t massive when you’re Ld 9 already, and re-roll to wound isn’t that great as they have great weapons, so will usually just be re-rolling the 1s.

Perhaps enchanted weapons like the Chaos Knights? Or stubborn?

Thommy H:

Perhaps enchanted weapons like the Chaos Knights? Or stubborn?
Then they'd be exactly like mine!

I agree with Baggronor that they're too expensive. Mine are 15 pts each, and there's not much between the two versions. I'd say yours are worth 16 pts, personally.

The rules themselves seem fine. Simple and characterful, which is always the way to go.

Grimstonefire:

Forgot to add that they do have the option for a shield now.

Perhaps I should swap back to armour piercing?  I could run with them at 16 pts/ model.

The re-roll thing was to make them decent against monsters btw.

I already have a special unit with stubborn.

On a related note, one of my special characters has an elite bodyguard unit, the Tormentors (a lord and rare slot):

Same basic profile as above,

Fear, Immune to Terror & Panic and Killing Blow.  

Obsidian Armour (3+ armour save)

Halberd

Option for Shield

How many points would you make them??  My guestimate was 22 pts/ model.

Thorne:

Same basic profile as above,

Fear, Immune to Terror & Panic and Killing Blow.  
Obsidian Armour (3+ armour save)
Halberd
Option for Shield

How many points would you make them??  My guestimate was 22 pts/ model.

Grimstonefire
I would have said ill go buy a box and put them straigth into my army :hat off But seeing I cannot then this seams like a good working elite army option nice ! but instead of halberd can we call it Obsidian war axe just fits better :cheers

Grimstonefire:

I would have said ill go buy a box and put them straigth into my army :hat off But seeing I cannot then this seams like a good working elite army option nice ! but instead of halberd can we call it Obsidian war axe just fits better :cheers

Thorne
Remembering of course that in my list they have hatred of dwarfs!  Poor little blighters.  You haven't seen the guy leading the unit yet ;)

He has hatred of Daemons of Chaos, plus a special bound spell that does D6+2 S4 hits on all units within 12" if they fail a Ld test.  No armour or ward saves.

Somebody to kill quickly I think.  But not so easy with the Tormentors as a bodyguard... ;)  Plus you could hide him behind other units with that range.

Baggronor:

If you already have a stubborn anvil unit, then the Immortals should surely be a hammer :slight_smile: Although the name would seem better suited to the anvil role…

In which case I would lose the re-roll to wound and give them maybe re-roll to hit instead? Although 15-18pts is very steep for a 1 attack model (6th ed chaos warrior syndrome). Even Hammerers are only 13pts with a shield. Maybe even consider frenzy? Its not like M3 troops can be baited that much :slight_smile: