[Archive] In case you missed it- Willmark's health update

Willmark:

As started here:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7433&pid=133459#pid133459

This explains why I haven’t been on as much and why WoH #9 has been as late as it is.

The good news is my son’s surgery went well and he’s doing good. Also his injury that he incurred to his mouth has healed as well.

As for me (as noted in that thread) I’m still losing weight, but not as dramatically as I was. I have some tests this week to find out more and to narrow things down.

Normally I wouldn’t share things like this, but I wanted to make everyone aware if I’m not getting back to you in a timely fashion.

WM

Shakhorth:

Indeed good news that your son’s surgery went well and that he’s doing good.

Take care Willmark, cya around.

Loki:

Good to hear that your son is doing well and that his mouth has healed well, i hope that the test are able to give you an answer, take care Willmark

clam:

Glad to here that you both are doing better. And I hope, that the professionals, can give you some answers - and hopefully help you out.

And do take care of yourself and your family first.

Kered:

I’m glad you son’s surgery went well.

And I wish the best for both of you.

Swissdictator:

Glad to hear your son did well in surgery, having been through four by the time I was 7, I can sympathize with him.

Hope you get better too, hopefully with less stress now your recovery will be quicker.

Willmark:

Good News.

Results are back from the Upper GI scope I had done a month ago, and the doctor described it as non-erosion GERD (Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease). In my case it had also caused some ulcers which are healing now. I had GERD years ago and it healed up through meds and apparently it came back.

The best news was that it’s not Barret’s Esophagus- which is a cancerous condition. That was my primary concern and one that was most on my mind. I’m outside of the age range for it but the cause for concern was that Esophageal cancer has a 85% fatality rate. In my case being a white male its also cause for concern as white males are 8 times more likely to get it. Again not an issue but was in the back of my mind.

So 2 more months of Nexium and I should be off of medication then. I feel pretty good now as I have changed my diet and the meds have helped.

Thorne:

Good luck bud ! Looks like you and yours are on the mend. Great news !

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Glad things have taken the positive turn for you, Willmark. :slight_smile: Must have been a real pain to wait for the results. I know one can feel pretty helpless in such situations. Time to look forward to better days and a much improved quality of life now!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

wow! I hope you guys get well soon! :smiley:

Nicodemus:

The best news was that it's not Barret's Esophagus- which is a cancerous condition. That was my primary concern and one that was most on my mind. I'm outside of the age range for it but the cause for concern was that Esophageal cancer has a 85% fatality rate. In my case being a white male its also cause for concern as white males are 8 times more likely to get it. Again not an issue but was in the back of my mind.

Willmark
So... you know... this is within the range of severity of things I was thinking it could be. Young and otherwise healthy men and women don't have things like you were describing happen without it being something serious.
So 2 more months of Nexium and I should be off of medication then. I feel pretty good now as I have changed my diet and the meds have helped.

Willmark
Very glad to hear about your (relatively) positive diagnosis. No reason you can't be totally back on track and feeling like your old self again by the end of the year, just in time for the holidays!

~N

Clinkz:

Good luck to you mate, hope your feeling 100% as soon as possible. good news about your son too, take care :slight_smile:

Baggronor:

Glad to hear the news is good, hope you’re back to 100% soon :cheers

Willmark:

Yep I’m doing better. Tristan’s surgery is now two months past and is healing up well.

Shakhorth:

Hey that’s great news for the both of you. Soon your evil empire will be up and running at full capacity! :wink:

Anonymouse:

Good to hear this: wishing the two of you all the best of health

Willmark:

Yeah well tonight over at a friend of my wife’s house: Tristan got stung by at 5-8 bees… at 4 years old… Fortunately he is not allergic.

Anonymouse:

Stung as well? The kid deserves ice-cream. Lots of it.

Grimstonefire:

He’s really not having a good time of it is he? Glad everything has worked out for you.

Baggronor:

Tristan got stung by at 5-8 bees... at 4 years old... Fortunately he is not allergic.
Spoil him rotten, he's having an awful time :(