[Archive] Indy GT Dwarfs of Chaos and 8th Ed

Abecedar:

Have used the Indy book once and enjoyed it. The book was accepted very well by our club. The ten annihilators seemed a bit crowded on the juggernaut with three levels. But the daemon phlegm was great. If its overpowered then a small drop in strength would be okay’ish but don’t drop the other bits. Yeh guess I’m voting for the 2.0 version!

richard barby:

The faq covers ravening hordes really well.

However im looking at the indy gt list to fit in to 8th as i want to use it mainly beause of the choas armour and golems and being able to take 5 strong units of wolf riders.

Anyway i think a few things need clarifcation and also what the communitys general feel on the rules should be

core troops. the min much like ravenging hordes 25 percent choas dwarfs hobgoblins dont count towards this

deamondsmiths. count as a level 2 mage for adding there levels to casting and dispeling

banner of demonic tides. gives you the unseen lurker spell it no longer exists in the game .may make movement during the magic phase

deamond bane. give the burning gaze spell range 24 d6 s4 hits d6 s6 hits vs undead and deamons

lammasu ignor the first miscast. does it stop the spell as well or just the miscast. or as its an IF spell does the power of the spell stop the abilty from working.

are there other things with in the indy list that need a general clarifcation to fit them in to 8th ed

richard barby:

this is just my opinon on rules that may need a tidy up to fit im sure there some of you have better or different ones than me

Grimstonefire:

Merged into this thread.

Nazhur:

Very intersting to hear about a 2.0 book. That would be awsome. Wonder why GW never do like that, you don´t need to wait for 6 or 10 years to get a second book with updated rules. Shall follow this thread closly :slight_smile:

phierlihy:

Very intersting to hear about a 2.0 book. That would be awsome. Wonder why GW never do like that, you don´t need to wait for 6 or 10 years to get a second book with updated rules. Shall follow this thread closly :)

Nazhur
From my local game store forums...

Also, per Bobbo the Vampire Monkey over at the Warhammer Forums. This from the WH Open Day at GWHQ:
* The FAQ documents are now being considered as a Customer Service feature, making them an essential element of looking after players and making sure they can play the game without hassle. This means regular updates and staff members assigned to keeping FAQ documents and erratas up to date and as clear as possible.
* The FAQ/Errata documents which were released yesterday were the forerunners of ongoing �?~living�?T documents. Thanks to player feedback and outside contribution certain elements which need amendment have already been identified and version 1.1 of the documents will be published on the Games Workshop website in the coming week. (For those interested, this includes the Ring of Hotek contradiction, the silly Wardancer combat specification, clearing up of the Steam Tank confusion, and completely rewording the description of Steadfast and Strength In Numbers to make it very clear what is intended.)
* In addition to the army specific FAQ documents there is going to be a general rulebook supplement released in the coming week. The rules guys were pretty tight lipped about the contents of this one, but according to Mat Ward it is an all-round clarification and �?~tidy up�?T of rules wordings that have, since hitting the shelves, been found lacking.
* For those of you who were wondering, there is apparently NOT going to be a new document amending/increasing the casting values of race specific magic lores