[Archive] indy GT vs Ravening hordes lists

Blackspine:

Hello all!

So, I’m a somewhat new lurker to the CDO community and I have a sort of ‘basic building block’ question.

What’s the difference between the Indy G-T list and the Ravening Hordes list?

is one considered more ‘friendly’ one more ‘competitive’? Is one overall agreed upon as ‘better’?

I have and enjoy the GT list (colored bronzed big hat on cover) but would like to know more about the RH list (even where to get it).

Mostly, I really enjoy the ‘demonsmiths’ and ‘Obsidian guard’ in the GT list. (well, that and slave fodder to. Eat it skaven!!!)

Hashut’s Blessing:

The Ravening Hordes list is more official, being made by GW, but neither is truly official.

Regarding friendly and competitive - the GT list is theoretically more competitive as it was designed for the GTs :wink:

Bottom line is though: CDO have made an FAQ to make the RH list work in 8th edition, whereas the Indy GT list is stuk in 7th edition.

Baggronor:

The Indy list has some hideous flaws. RH is kinda more uniform. Neither are great, but RH is the better choice imo, especially if the errata is applied. I think RH is actually the more competitive of the two.

Thommy H’s list is the best one imo, but its a true fanlist with no endorsement beyond CDO.