[Archive] Input needed for Indy GT book 8th ed Errata

mattbird:

Hi all, we are now set to do the errata for the 8th ed version of the Indy book. We are only looking to make minor edits to bring the book in line with the types of changes GW has made across the other armies.

Please put comments in the thread linked to here:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7571

thanks!

Grimstonefire:

Seeing as this is the most widely played fanlist I will sticky this for a few months, or until your errata is produced (whichever is sooner).

lilith:

i writed my idea on the linked thread , read it maybe find it usefull :slight_smile:

CheTralfara:

Please make errata for shooting blunderbuss at multi-wound single-model large targets. Thank you. This problem is continually unaddressed in all forms of CD rules.

Spikes:

Please make errata for shooting blunderbuss at multi-wound single-model large targets. Thank you. This problem is continually unaddressed in all forms of CD rules.

CheTralfara
And on purpose. You gotta have a disadvantage to blunderbussers.

In the current metagame where everyone will have either deep ranks for steadfast or huge blocks for horde, it is totally insane how useful the blunderbussers are.

Our artillery are more than capable at handling multiwound stuff when you succeed at shooting with ballistas or land an under-the-hole with templates.

Stiglitz:

I agree with Spike. :hat off

Not having played 8th before, but I think there are going to be a lot of very big units out there. I think the indy list rule of hitting every model in a unit has to be cancelled in 8th.

Instead I would suggest something like d6 of models being possible to hit per file shooting.

Hitting every one of say 60 models is insane.

And it will do us no good - it is a semi-official list and with such a “broken” rule it will lose some of its acceptance, I fear.

Only my thoughts on it…

Thommy H:

Only my thoughts on it...
No, not just yours: almost everyone else has said exactly the same thing. It was borderline crazy in 7th, but with 8th's metagame, it looks completely broken. I'm not saying that it is actually broken just that, as Stiglitz says, in a list that is already fighting the stigma of being fan-made, you don't need something like that.

CheTralfara:

I also agree that the blunderbuss rules in the Indy GT list need to be fixed to something more like the template radius…

However, to have a rule that makes no sense, simply for the sake of weakness takes away the whole point of the game.

A salvo of blunderbuss shrapnel would definitely do some serious damage to a large target, if not more! (for being such a large target).

Missile weapons usually have rules that give an advantage when shooting at large targets, so for a large unit of blunderbusses to only be able to fire off 1 shot against a large target is rather ridiculous, and “for some weakness” would be a poor excuse.

Hypothetically I could see a rule being added where high elves have the possibility of tipping over because of their metal pope hats to give some weakness, before the excuse that blunderbuss should magically suck ass against anything huge, for no conceivable reason other than adding some weakness. Just saying…

Spikes:

There’s a fire spell with a similar effect.

It deals d3 STR4/5 hits for each rank of 5 models or more (3 for MI) of the target unit.

Why not have the number of hits being determined by the target unit; while the strength would be determined by the blunderbusser’s ranks? It would scale well, both ways.

Khaosbeardling:

There's a fire spell with a similar effect.

It deals d3 STR4/5 hits for each rank of 5 models or more (3 for MI) of the target unit.

Why not have the number of hits being determined by the target unit; while the strength would be determined by the blunderbusser's ranks? It would scale well, both ways.

Spikes
I like this idea.

Disastro:

Axe of Zhrazak: overcosted. Currently, the Great Weapon and ASF rules cancel each other out, making this 65 points for +2 strength, and no shield, compared to the Hammer of Hashut (45 points, +2 strength flaming attacks). Change the axe to read: “Requires Two Hands; the weapon grants the wielder +2 Strength and Always Strikes First”.

No hero-level wizard options - this is crippling. If I don’t take the High Priest, I’ll have no scrolls at all, let alone arcane items, Holocaust Cloak excepted for the Daemonsmith.

Speaking of the Daemonsmith - this character has significantly weakened in 8th, in my opinion. Cause fear is dismissable, Diabolic Manipulator has almost no use, Bound Daemon isn’t worth not being able to choose your own magic weapon… and he’s not a wizard, so no channelling, no +1 to dispel, and no arcane items - specifically, scrolls.

Standard of Slavery: (Hobgoblin and Rabble units within 12" of the banner may re-roll any failed Panic tests - 50 points) - Considering that the BSB does this automatically for ALL units within 12", and considering further that the average re-roll for Hobgoblins and Rabble will fail regardless, this banner is grossly overcosted.

ChungEssence:

Just to say the blunderbuss rules need to be changed as people are saying.

I like the 12’ fire zone and don’t think it would slow down play that much. Also, i agree that they should be weak against single models but only being able to cause 1 hit is ridiculous.

Currently, I am having it do D3 hits to a single model (only 1 model hit, if there are say 2 single models, then they both can only take 1 hit if you want to target both). This is still very weak, but at least you can potentially take out say a hero.

As a new member (been lurking for a while) i commend the work that everyone who has made a fan book has done. I’m very impressed and think that CDO is a great community for the most part.

Currently i’m playing (against mates) with a combo of rules lol. Ravening hordes for blunderbusses and I use your Indy GT rules for Astragoth (i love the 3 more attacks if the other 3 hit, even though it’s not particularly usefull… I love it)

jamescook969:

Hello

I have been playing a lot of the 8th edition and for me the biggest thing would be to include a hero level spellcaster (priest). Otherwise the only viable option is to take a high priest every time!!!, which would then prevent you from including a overlord riding a taurus or a great bull centaur etc due to the points limitations. Please allow a hero level spellcaster as this would make the army list that much more flexible and able to make a wider variety of armies.

Thanks

James

phoenixlaw:

Most important thing for me is unit classifications.

Galladorn:

Been playtesting the rules as of Dec. 4th 2010.

I like the Earthshaker cutting ALL movement by half. It it not game changing, nor should it be, but really disrupts the enemy’s plans.

The blunderbussers are either devastating or worthless… very little in between. I’ll explain. I can walk up to an enemy horde unit with 1-2 units of blunderbi and absolutely devastate it. in this case it works out GREAT!! Against empire knights (yes, cavalry is still highly effective) I get wrecked. Against Ogres I die droves. I can drop a couple of them, but just not enough to survive the charge.

It seems that my units of 15 blunderbi can be chopped down to a smaller unit size quite easily (High Elves did this) then dealt with at the leisure of the enemy. I have found that adding chaos armor to the annihilators have improved their effectiveness immensely.

Daemoneaters ROCK!

I have yet to use anything but high priests (lvl 4). But that will soon change.

I am using 40 strong units of chaos warriors to great effect. Still can’t give an answer to whether or not chaos armour is the better upgrade for them. I use great weapons with my evil stunties and they are insane!

I like the indy list, and am using it.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’ve been afk lately but I’d like to playtest the new updates this weekend (Christmas-hammer!).  Is there a link to the new changes?

Grimbold Blackhammer

wizuriel:

http://warmongers.ziggyqubert.com/wmbb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14931