[Archive] Intelectual Property

Thommy H:

I do know what Gamezone figures look like, thanks. Please don’t assume that someone having a different opinion from you is because of ignorance instead of just, you know, disagreeing with you.

Gar Shadowfame:

But u do see that GZ models tend to be more advanced technicaly, have more details and better proportions?

Thommy H:

I have no idea what “more advanced technically” means in the context of wargaming figures. And more details are not necessarily a good thing. And proportions are often more a matter of style than anything else.

In other words, it’s just opinion, and I don’t even know why we’re having this debate.

Gar Shadowfame:

its because you write my friend

AGPO:

It takes two to tango Gar.

Whatever your personal opinion on the relative merits of models, thery’re just that - opinions. We don’t ask that everyone agrees, merely that you respect each other’s right to disagree. For the record, I feel that whilst some Gamezone figures are indeed better than their GW counterparts (blood knights and eagles for example) on the whole I prefer GW models.

Baggronor:

Some GZ minis barely fit together at all, so I wouldn’t say they were “more advanced technically” at all. Assembling one of their Cold One Knights took me hours. Their style is often a little less cartoony than GW, some of their figures are absolutely brilliant (their Dark Elves for example) but some are not so great compared to GW (their undead range) I feel. And they have the worst website in the universe. Ever.