[Archive] Interested in a summer campaign?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah Kera…like me! I need to paint my guys up…but I’m getting close!

BilboBaggins:

People painting armies, what a novel idea. Me I only run painted armies, even in fun games.

Kera foehunter:

uhhhhhhh painted army !! i got till fall lol

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hey Kera! I’ve got about 70% of my guys ready for paint or painted. Maybe you’ll finish before me!

51la5:

Well If I can contribute in other ways then playing battles then I’m in also I can play games when I’m at boarding school since I have only one opponent (though that might change since I’m trying to get some of the younger guys to play) who lets me use ravening hordes.

Groznit Goregut:

Hey guys,

If you are interested in trying out an internet forum, you can join in the mini-campaign that Da Warpath has got going on right now. It’s called Animosity 3.5 - Battle of the Bosses. It’s a civil war between the greenskins (who happened to win the last campaign). It’s mostly aimed at getting Orc and Goblin players interested in online campaigns, but there are other non-greenskin players involved. You would have to sign up to be under one of the greenskin generals, but it’s OK to be a mercenary or whatnot.

Now, I will say that I’ve played in a few other online campaigns and they can be quite fun. Basically, you play your regular games of Warhammer, Mordheim, or whatever. You record your wins/loses/draws to the admins that are running the campaign. It helps your side out in the overall campaign! The admins write all the fluff and storyline and really move the thing along. It’s quite fun to have your regular games of Warhammer get put into a bigger storyline and picture. If you happen to convince some of your local friends to play in it as well, then you can even fight games based on the actual campaign map.

How does it work, though? Well, you usually play a normal game of Warhammer. Lets say you play against some HE and get a win. You go to the campaign forums. They usually have a format to report the wins. Sometimes you use a web form. Sometimes you just PM the report to the admins. There is usually a form:

GENERAL:

FACTION:

RESULTS:

MAP LOCATION:

BATTLE DESCRIPTION:

You just fill it out like this:

GENERAL: Groznit Goregut

FACTION: Da Privateers

RESULTS: Win

MAP LOCATION: This all depends on the campaign map and where your faction is trying to do. They usually say “this turn we are trying to re-take the Lighthouse!”. So, you say - Lighthouse

BATTLE DESCRIPTION: Massacre for me! I used lots of boar boyz to outflank the high elves and took them by surprise! The only casualties were some weedy goblins.

They like to encourage people to write fluff and battle reports and all sorts of stuff, but it’s not required. If you just want to play games and report them, that’s fine, too.

How often do you have to play? Well, you really just play as much as you want to. These are great b/c you can go on vacation for a week or two and come back and report when you can. You can save up wins, too. Usually, you can only report so many games at a time, like 2 per week or something. So, if you go to a tournament and play 5 games, you can “save” your games to use for the next 3 weeks! Or not report any games. The side that wins is usually the ones with the most active players. So, if you aren’t active, it usually hinders your side, but won’t really cripple you.

I’ve found these to be a good time and I’ve enjoyed simply reading about them as they happen even if I can’t join in.

fauthsie:

@Groznit

Everywhere I go… You are trying to recruit… for shame… lol

Groznit Goregut:

Haha! At least everyone had a break while I was on vacation for a week.

Maybe I’m just beating you to the punch? Everyone knows that when it comes down to it, Orcs are proper warlords and crush all opposition. No weedy gobbo is going to end up on top. With that in mind, it’s pretty easy to figure Kaptain Blacksquig will be leading the Waaagh! in Araby.

Kera foehunter:

well i check this out !!

ryanamandaanna:

I’m in so long as the requirements aren’t too crazy. My son and I have weekly battles and I usually supplement with friends when I have time. :hat off

Groznit Goregut:

The best part is…there are no requirements! :slight_smile:

Basically, you play when you can and report what games you do play. There is no need to play games every turn. Of course, the heads of the factions will hope you play as many games as possible to help their side out, but they aren’t uncivil about it.

ryanamandaanna:

We’re starting a warbands campaign here in the next few weeks or so, but that’ll probably be too soon to help out with that… My son wanted to play as Chaos Dwarfs, so I’m stuck with regular ol’ Chaos Warriors. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

w3rm:

Yeah I will be in as hopefully in the next month I will be getting BfSP to finally start my CD army!

fauthsie:

Haha!  At least everyone had a break while I was on vacation for a week.  

Maybe I'm just beating you to the punch?  Everyone knows that when it comes down to it, Orcs are proper warlords and crush all opposition.  No weedy gobbo is going to end up on top.  With that in mind, it's pretty easy to figure Kaptain Blacksquig will be leading the Waaagh! in Araby.

Groznit Goregut
Mate, you aren't beating me to anything... I control the mechanics... and it seem that your reports for the week disappeared... how unfortunate...:lol:

Seriously come on by and register on DWP and sign up for a faction things are just starting to get interesting.

Kera foehunter:

ha ha im not a guy but im in it the envasion on

fauthsie:

The new campaign site is up and running…

http://animositycampaigns.com/joomla

Kera foehunter:

so are they starting soon or already did

i just finshed one with the green skin pirates!! and we won pirates always rules

fauthsie:

Campaign won’t be starting soon Kera… we are still on track for a fall start…but the site has been launched and there will be teasers, discussion and probably some playtesting and rule development on the site before launch for those who are interested…

Kera foehunter:

thanks !! keep us posted and maybe this time we can get more people to join in!!!

Border Reiver:

OK, I’ll put my Dawi into the mix.

Grim, I’ve help run a couple of online campaigns over at Warhammer Realm.  They can be a lot of fun, but they take quite of work to organize.