[Archive] Interesting coversion idea!

Leadblecher:

I was reading another post about using spider riders from BfSP for hobgobs on wolfs. This got me thinking of taking a Carnifex and turning it into a bull taurus. Id stick 6 Scything tallons on it to give it the bug look to complete the effect. Kind of going for the stag beetle look. So what do you guys think? Cheers :hat off

Leadblecher:

I was reading another post about using spider riders from BfSP for hobgobs on wolfs. This got me thinking of taking a Carnifex and turning it into a bull taurus. Id stick 6 Scything tallons on it to give it the bug look to complete the effect. Kind of going for the stag beetle look. So what do you guys think? Cheers :hat off

AGPO:

The spider riders are based on an existing O&G unit which has been - further - corrupted to serve the Chaos Dwarfs, I just don’t think the “giant riding bug” idea would fit in with the Chaos Dwarfs

Khan!:

Actually, I think the giant bug idea is a pretty cool one! Maybe there are giant beetles that burrow in the Dark Lands, and your CD Lord has harnessed one to his will! I think the only trouble would be the carnifex’ head, cuz those tend to distinguish Tyranids from bugs. Maybe greenstuff the head up a bit, oo and maybe give it little translucent wings! Actually what I’m picturing right now are those spider things from Warcraft 3, but nevertheless I quite like this idea.

Xander:

Giant beetles are a little more in Tomb Kings territory I think, but still sound kinda cool.

The Slaver:

I love those nubian-esq (look at the name. its practically spelled the same!) spider thingys. I think that think could make some great wolf rider stand ins, or maybe DoW Heavy cav.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, ya know the lava spiders (look a wee bit like fleas from some angles) on Mustafar in Star Wars Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith? Maybe, they could fulfill that sort of role, like lava miners and the lord gets a warrior lava-bug. Just an idea. Not sure which head you would use though… (P.S. Bug is a scientific term for an insect with proboscis/proboscii. Insects only have 6 legs, spiders don’t, but otherwise, it’s all good ;))

Snotling:

well, when you want to use a Carnifex, why don’t you do it this way

looks great and i thought about to use this for a taurus or something else (this could be on of the animals which the dawi Zharr eat :hat off)

wallacer:

If you want something insectoid you could always convert the hell out of a 40k Chaos Defiler. It is both insectoid and mechanical, so should fit in pretty well with what you’re looking at (assuming you’re willing to shell out the coin for a defiler).

AGPO:

i love the Defiler, and thought about using it but its just too expensive