[Archive] Introductions: New members post here!

Ghrask Dragh:

Nice selection of armies there Tharzhul, look forward to seeing them, stunties in particular :wink: :hat off

Welcome :cheers

Sojourn:

wallacerā€™s been slacking on the welcome scene :wink: sā€™ok, I got your back.

Welcome to the site Tharzhul (or Tharz) your armies sound like Xanderā€™s (creator of the site) and many other peopleā€™s. Youā€™ll have plenty of resources at your fingertips here! so as my ā€œsisterā€ Kera says, jump on in and have fun! (we really are like a family ;))

Arcuballis:

:hat off Hail and well met, my friends!

I would like to present myself to this community. Iā€™m Arcuballis and I live on the distant shores of Lustria (Iā€™m brazilian). Iā€™m involved with the Warhammer hobby for the past 3 years, mainly as a 40k player (I have a huge Orks army and a Nurgle Chaos SM smaller one), but started to get some interest on the WHFB also, and upon checking for a nice army to play, I just found the Chaos Dwarfs and saw how perfect they are for my style of playā€¦

I love to make conversions and scratchbuilts (Orks in 40k are a paradise for this), and the ā€œlackā€ of opportunities to do the same in Fantasy just kept me away so long from this wonderful game. But upon discovering the Dawi Zharr and this WONDERFUL site I decided to start a new army and participate on this forum, after around a week being a lurker hereā€¦ :slight_smile:

Well, for a presentation, thatā€™s it! Soon I will be posting on the conversion and tactic sections to seek your advice, oā€™more experienced Players!!! Thank you all in advance for the help and taking the effort to support newbies like me!

Cheers! :cheers

Arcuballis

Sojourn:

Welcome Arcuballis! Iā€™m glad you came out of the lurking shadows and decided to become known to us! Youā€™ll find plenty here to help with your conversions, and you sound like youā€™ll be able to lend a lot of support to our site in other ways through your knowledge and play experience with other armies!

I hope you have fun!

Kera foehunter:

well everone love a lurker!!! well Arcuballis hop on in join the mob.

So do you like big hats cd ā€¦

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

welcome to the site you big green fingered ork:)

slev:

waves

takes off chaos dwarf hat and puts on hair-squigs

Edbuttin contest?

Auretious Taak:

Greetings Everyone,

You may address me as Auretious Taak, though I am known by several other now infamous aliases in some circles, but for this, Auretious Taak shall suffice. You may see this opening statement as quite bold and arrogant but I assure you it is not intended that way. I have dabbled with the Chaos Dwarves in a subbed form since the Ravening Hordes armiesļæ½?T booklet was released, I still have it lovingly secured and used to reference as my army list when I play. I donļæ½?Tt own any Chaos Dwarfs thusly, but after seeing some of the stunning work done here on the [[BFSP]] boxed dwarfs, well, I have an entire [[BFSP]] box at home Iļæ½?Tve not touched apart from grabbing the Wacky Sticks and duelling with them and smiting lesser beings with said wackiness. Surely you must all agree that the Wacky Stick is the best ever invention to leave the forges of the mighty GW? No? Well then, go wack somebody with them.

Iļæ½?Tve been playing W40K and WFB for almost 12 years now since the end of year 5 and along the way picked up and became quite obsessed by Mordheim, IMHO GWļæ½?Ts greatest game ever produced, playing anything and everything mainly 3 Elf Shadow Elf warbands and Orc bands to great effect but Skaven, Beastmen and all sorts of other awesome in between. Oh, and I may or ay not have been one of the driving forces behind the SG Mordheim Forum based Snotling Warband for Mordheim, but again, thatļæ½?Ts a different aliasļæ½?ļæ½Why all the intrigue around the name? It makes life more interesting doesnļæ½?Tt it.

Greetings from the Land of Tomorrow,

Auretious Taak.

P.S. Iļæ½?Tm studying Animal behaviour at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia, second year undergraduate, anyone from the area here? Anyone also studying animal behaviour or biology at the least? Let me know, always good to meet kindred spirits.

slev:

waves

Mordheim was cool. I have my Undead warband somewheres (a lot of conversion there). I think the best GW game was BFG though.

Xander:

Necromunda is the real Mordheim. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the forums!

Sojourn:

well Auretiousā€¦ Iā€™m gonna have to shorten that because Iā€™ll never keep it straightā€¦

welcome to CDO! glad you could come. just wipe your shoes on the mat, and Iā€™ll hang up your coat. :stuck_out_tongue:

we have a following for mordheim here, so please get involved and have some fun! I like animals a lot, but never studied their behaviour per se. but Iā€™m always willing to chat about animals. n.n

anyways, welcome! have fun!

Auretious Taak:

Waves back at slev and tips his top hat in acknowledgement

I just realised Chaos Dwarfs have Top hats, I LOVE Top Hats, any character Iā€™ve played in any game online or otherwise that could have a Top Hat has had One, Oh Yeah, I have a calling! :):hat:hat off:hat:hat off:hat:hat offhaha!

Xander, Necromunda was the trial for Mordheim, they went and developed it before Mordheim to make sure all the cool stuff that didnā€™t work in necromunda worked in Mordheim.:wink:

Sojourn, you may call me whatever you wish, itā€™s actually refreshing to find a gaming community that is relatively small, with avid female posters on boardā€¦itā€™s reare finding female opponents and itā€™s rather sad as compared to us blokes you women look on things in a different light and from my limited experiences they make for a different and fun game. :slight_smile:

Heheh, nice a Mordheim Community, Iā€™ll try and find it, I presume the off topic section?

Wipes shoes on mat and puts his arms out in a letter ā€˜Tā€™ way waiting for coat removal

Auretious Taak.

Hazkar:

hey hey,my name is hazkar,im from germany and im new in the chaosdwarf-thing.long time i couldnt choose an army to play,i like chaos,dwarfs and green skins.you see,hard decisionā€¦but than,praise hashut,i found some information about an army which one has all this in one,so i started to collect.

hmm,i think thats allā€¦yep,thats all

bye

Auretious Taak:

Hazkar,

Welcome to the Community! Though Iā€™ve not been here very long it is an opena nd welcoming place and youā€™ll find quite some hidden treasures about the place including a CDO Webmagazine. :slight_smile:

Where abouts in Germany are you from out of curiosity?

To the army, what do you plan to have in it as a whole? What do you have? How many games have you played? What are you wanting to achieve with the force and how many slaves to dwarves are you expecting to include?

:hat off

Auretious Taak.

Hazkar:

i played just a couple of games,cause there are not many other gamers in a small town in the north east of germanyā€¦

now i have three units of dwars,a lord and a sorcerer,a lot of hobbos,a tremor cannon,a death rocket,two bolt throwers(a classic gobbo one and one made out of an minotaur) and an astragoth conversion,made out af an chaos dreadnought.next unit will be some wolf riders(gobbo wolf riders on chaos hounds,hope it will fitā€¦)

Auretious Taak:

i played just a couple of games,cause there are not many other gamers in a small town in the north east of germany...
now i have three units of dwars,a lord and a sorcerer,a lot of hobbos,a tremor cannon,a death rocket,two bolt throwers(a classic gobbo one and one made out of an minotaur) and an astragoth conversion,made out af an chaos dreadnought.next unit will be some wolf riders(gobbo wolf riders on chaos hounds,hope it will fit...)

Hazkar
Interesting Hazkar. Actually in my Orcs and Goblins I have a complete unit of the old school original Black Orcs, they'd fit perfectly into the army as a whole, have a pair of bolt throwers as well so I could actually start compiling a small force from the orcs and Gobbo's I have, start a largely slaved based army, should be cool. :)

I like how you call the Earthshaker a Tremor Cannon, lol, nice.

I also just realised I broughta Chaos dwarf Bloodbowl Team complete with Chaos dwarf Bull Centaur Star Player...havent learnt to play yet but dang, I have ACTUAL Chaos Dwarfs, I might have to use one or two as a basis for characters. :)

Auretious Taak.

Gi6ers:

Hi, Gi6ers here.Ā Ā Chaos Dwarf fan and painter.Ā Ā One of you even uses one of my paintjobs as their avatarā€¦

Iā€™ll post some stuff in the gallery shortly :slight_smile:

Auretious Taak:

Welcome to the Community Gi6ers, glad to have you aboard. Canā€™t wait to see the stuff in the gallery.

Have a great evening,

Auretious Taak.

Hazkar:

called it tremor cannon,cause thats the german nameā€¦

Sojourn:

wow! Auretious is right in there already! excellent! :cheers

welcome to both Hazkar and Gi6ers! :slight_smile:

thatā€™s interesting that in German the minis have different names! I never thought of that. and Gi6ers, which avatar is your fig? Iā€™m glad youā€™re both here.

takes of Auretiousā€™ coat, which heā€™s been sweltering in since yesterday

@ Auretious, there are about 6 females on this siteā€¦ youā€™ll see Kera and I around the most though. :slight_smile: